Highway shots!

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got some cool pictures from the shoulder of the highway on the bridge...

What do you think?

1) Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 6.38.31 PM.jpg 2) Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 6.38.41 PM.jpg

#2 is pretty close, but not quite.

Pretty close to what?

Cause I was definitely pretty close to tractor trailers, which was terrifying.

Pretty close to what?

Cause I was definitely pretty close to tractor trailers, which was terrifying.
Close to a good photo. Meaning; the elements that you chose are interesting, but either the overall composition is off, or the proportions, or both.

BTW: I hope you don't place yourself in a dangerous position just to get a photograph. That is no place to stop and get out, IMO.

For 1, I agree with Designer. It looks a little close. Maybe a little further away? I've done a power plant shot, increasing the exposure time to 4 minutes. The result was a pretty neat looking plume.

BTW: I hope you don't place yourself in a dangerous position just to get a photograph. That is no place to stop and get out, IMO.
That's a really good point.. in the middle of a bridge like that seems pretty dangerous--not only to you, but to the drivers, as well. Did you stop your car on the bridge or did you walk the bridge?

There was a really big shoulder - I wasn't in anyone's way. Thanks for the feedback but if you could nail down exactly what is lacking that would be great.

.. if you could nail down exactly what is lacking that would be great.
What is lacking.....

Or why I don't swoon over this shot.....

Or ....or....or...

That is difficult to explain, because I wasn't there, so I don't know if there was another shot to be taken. Not every shot will be an award winner, unfortunately, so we are often left with a bunch of "also rans".

I can expand my commentary on this one, so here goes:

There is neither a subject nor any particular balance, nor is it interesting. You've got leading lines leading my eye to nothing, and not much else, unfortunately.

There is neither a subject nor any particular balance, nor is it interesting. You've got leading lines leading my eye to nothing, and not much else, unfortunately.

That's the comment I was looking for. Thank you for elaborating. I see your point. I think with that in mind, it just kinda looks cool, but there's not really a subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back