Hiked the local butte today

Gregoryniss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3293786315_d1079d2468_b.jpg

My second picture that i've posted. One of the only pictures i liked from around 100 i took today.

What do you think? :thumbup: or :thumbdown: ? haha

EDIT: Found a bigger picture

Last edited:
It's a really nice shot. It gives me vertigo just looking at it (I'm incredibly afraid of heights...yikes). The picture you posted is kind of small so it's hard to see the detail.

It's a really nice shot. It gives me vertigo just looking at it (I'm incredibly afraid of heights...yikes). The picture you posted is kind of small so it's hard to see the detail.

thanks! Yeah, i don't know why PS made it so small, it just did that when i cropped it. Anyone know how to fix that? I guess i'm mainly looking for comments on composition, exposure, and WB, etc... so hopefully it's large enough for that?

Here's another one from today, I can't quite edit to make it look how i want it (probably because I have no idea how to use photoshop!). Any recommendations on what to change?
3294781726_69537ddf8d.jpg

Greg

Last edited:
it sounds like instead of cropping it, your cutting it, thus loosing the size... what format are you shooting in.. if this is just a crop, then that tells me your shooting in a smaller format... you should try to shoot in the maximum size that your camera will allow (raw in most DSLR cases)

as for the first pic... i like the comp... it looks like the sun cast a red tint on his skin, but at this size, i cant really tell if its just his skin or the sun...

side note: 9 posts from 2000!!!

it sounds like instead of cropping it, your cutting it, thus loosing the size... what format are you shooting in.. if this is just a crop, then that tells me your shooting in a smaller format... you should try to shoot in the maximum size that your camera will allow (raw in most DSLR cases)

as for the first pic... i like the comp... it looks like the sun cast a red tint on his skin, but at this size, i cant really tell if its just his skin or the sun...

side note: 9 posts from 2000!!!

I'll have to look into the crop/cut. Thanks for the comment, I'm pretty sure it's the sun, but i'll have to see if i can re-crop it bigger.

I've been shooting in Jpeg just because i don't have a program to view all the RAW files. I don't have any money right now to buy a program, but is there like a free one i could pick up somewhere? Also, I don't know if i'm good enough with PS to use RAW since i'm just getting started haha.

Greg

Great shot! It looks really natural and well composed despite the backpack which I didn't notice before alarionov pointed it out ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back