Hired

T.Root

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i work for a company that build's and installs professional custom kitchens, wall units, vanity's, and much ore carpentry. i have been hired as their new photographer for their brochures and websites. this will be my first job as a photographer. i was just wondering what equipment i should need and if there is any advice for me from anyone who may or may not have experience in this type of photography.

I hope you have lots of lighting experience and equipment.

skieur

Well the first bit of advice I would give the company that hired you to do the pictures is to hire a photographer that doesn't have to ask the question "how do I take pictures"

i work for a company that build's and installs professional custom kitchens, wall units, vanity's, and much ore carpentry. i have been hired as their new photographer for their brochures and websites. this will be my first job as a photographer. i was just wondering what equipment i should need and if there is any advice for me from anyone who may or may not have experience in this type of photography.

If you want to keep your real job, tell them you're not the right person for the photography job, and they should hire someone with experience that knows how to do it.

BTW, making words plural, like "vanity" or modifying verbs like "build" does not require an apostrophe.
"vanities"
"builds".

Also, when referring to yourself, you capitalize the letter "i":
"I was just wondering..."

i gotta say that i am becoming dissapointed with this forum. rather then offer any usuable tips or advice that may help all of you would rather cut up each other and bash each other. i realize i dont have experience... you gotta start somewhere. and i realize that i may have made some spelling mistakes, cutting up my basic spelling errors really doesnt help the situation. if you must get off by bashing your peers you should not say anythihg at all. getting sick and tired of people trying to be better then everyone else.

i expect this to turn into an argument since thats all you people are interested in, creating issues and bashing one another.

everyone here is an adult so please grow up and act like it. this isnt kindergarten.

Hmmm...OK.

Now care to answer my question?

I do infact already work there and i from talking to the owners and looking at our website it was clear that our past photography was lacking. i went forth and submitted a couple mock ups of what i felt should be displayed. the head of the woodworking department liked the point of view and detailed that i was able to capture and decided i should do more on the subject and keep up to date pictures of our completed jobs. this will be a weekend job on top of my 44 hour work week. i will not be selling each individual image but rather worker hourly at time and a half. my responsibilities will include setting up meetings with our clients, taking thte photo's, and editing, i feel this is a good place to start in the industry and see myself learning alot from my experience.

i was hoping i would be able to post my pictures here and get a professional opinion on what i accomplish in order to provide the best product i can but its becoming clear that no ones opinion is on topic and that no one really cares about photography itself but rather cutting me up for starting in the hobby

Ah.

Get the book "Light, Science, Magic".

You can thank me later. :)

Chill baby!! Post some pictures up and people will help.

The problem to me is, your "question" is soooo vague. I don't know what experience you have at all. Don't know what exactly you are taking pictures of, so how can I be specific about lens choices, or lighting? So, you can remain bent out of shape, or you can communicate your questions better, to illicit a desirable response.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back