Hired

You may have already answered your own question “submitted a couple mock ups of what I felt should be displayed. The head of the woodworking department liked the point of view and detailed that I was able to capture” you seem to have a working knowledge of what you and they are looking for so just make sure you can pull it off with the equipment you have or can get.

i appreciate people actually being helpful... thank you!

Why should I help someone that hasn't taken the effort to help themselves?

There is some much literature available on the internet and in books. These days everyone just wants to be spoon fed information, you haven't even asked a reasonable question that I could answer in a concise couple of sentences.

Your attitude is completely some-upped in the fact you can't even be bothered to use capitals in your sentences...

i was hoping i would be able to post my pictures here and get a professional opinion on what i accomplish in order to provide the best product i can but its becoming clear that no ones opinion is on topic and that no one really cares about photography itself but rather cutting me up for starting in the hobby

Will you be allowed to because you are an employee so they could own the copywrite

Here in the US, and based on what the OP has described so far, I'm pretty sure the company he works for will in fact own all the copyrights to any and all photos he makes for work, under the 'work-for-hire' provisions of US copyright law. http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ09.pdf

If so, the OP would need a use license that allows him to post them here at TPF, and even to use the photos in a personal portfolio or on a personal web site. In short, they won't be his photos, even though he was the photographer.

I don't think Canadian copyright law is to very different.

Last edited:
Can we see some of the mock-up photos that you submitted to your boss? maybe that would help with giving advice on lighting and such. That way we can see where you're at.

I think that people responded because it is sort of insulting to actual experienced working photographers that you would think that just buying a bit of kit would make you a 'pro.'

Secondly, buy a damn book and read about it a bit.

Third, your company, instead of paying an actual working pro to get a quality job, will pay you peanuts for beginner's work..
It is a frustrating example of the low esteem in which good photography is held by the general public.

alot of responses and a lot to gather all at once. first of all... not using capitals in my sentences? are you kiddng me big deal... you are just looking for something to ***** about. secondly, i am helping myself by lookng for advice from so called professionals.and again thank you to those who actual are willng to help and offer advice and literature that i can read to further my knowledge. i will take the time to search for these materials and read them. according to some of you i am breaking copyright laws by posting the pictures here so for now you will have to wait untill i get permission.

not using capitals in my sentences? are you kiddng me big deal... you are just looking for something to ***** about.
whatifthereplytoyourquestionlookedlikethisandyoucouldnttellwhatthehelltheyweretryingtotellyoulol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back