Historic one room schoolhouse ~ 1800's

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, what can I say I came back for more torture today ;) Wouldn't know what to do without my daily torture on here:badangel:. Can someone explain to me what "M" button means on the dial on my camera? And what is Aperture? :lol: I wasn't able to view the inside of this historic "Little house on the prairie school," due to appointments only, however I have an appointment Wednesday to go inside.

schooll2.jpg

Aperture (F): 4.50
ISO speed rating: 100
Lens focal length, mm: 30.0
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Shutter speed (APEX): 0.0028 (1/362)
Exposure mode: Manual exposure

schooll.jpg

Aperture (F): 5.60
ISO speed rating: 100
Lens focal length, mm: 30.0
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Shutter speed (APEX): 0.0039 (1/256)
Exposure mode: Manual exposure

Are you asking us for C&C on these images ... since you posted in the Beginners Forum ?

How did you convert to B&W ?

The images appear dull ... flat. The highlights are not there (there should be as you are shooting in with sunlight) and the midrange seems to be stretched.

I kinda figured you were gonna get railed on c&c.

Who's the hot chick on your avatar?

How did you convert to B&W ?

The images appear dull ... flat. The highlights are not there (there should be as you are shooting in with sunlight) and the midrange seems to be stretched.

I desaturated it in PS, then used curves to make it look old. I was trying to get it to look dull like an old photo.

Hmm, trying to reproduce an old faded B&W print requires more adjustments.
There is film grain, color sensitivity of the older films, and in some cases the aberrations of old lenses.

You should have made a mention that this is what you were trying to achieve ... I thought you were just posting a simple B&W version of the colour image.

... there appears to be some odd artifacts in the second shot ...

Hmm, trying to reproduce an old faded B&W print requires more adjustments.
There is film grain, color sensitivity of the older films, and in some cases the aberrations of old lenses.

You should have made a mention that this is what you were trying to achieve ... I thought you were just posting a simple B&W version of the colour image.

... there appears to be some odd artifacts in the second shot ...

Was a quick edit, would like some feedback so when I go back Wednesday to also get the inside, I can improve this. Off subject, I did look through the windows, and very old books and historic desks. I felt like I needed to pack a lunch in a pail....

Most reactions

Back