Hitech ND Grad Filter Storage

Suzumushi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
picasaweb.google.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased a set of Hitech 85 soft ND grad filters and the Cokin P series holder. The filters each came in their own plastic sleeve with a thin paper-like insert around them with the brand name, company info etc.

I have read that one downside of these filters is that they scratch easily, so I want to make sure that I store them properly. I've found a few cases that may work:

Photocite: Cokin Filter Wallet

COKIN P Padded Filter Case Wallet Holds 6 NEW low ship - eBay (item 300319471581 end time Jul-01-09 16:27:22 PDT)

Storage Box Case for 10 Cokin P Series Filters NEW - eBay (item 120424543502 end time Jun-21-09 18:35:08 PDT)

However, I don't know whether any of these are any better than just keeping them in the plastic sleeves they came in, as far as scratch prevention goes. I'm also not certain that the second one will in fact hold these, as it seems to be the same as this product

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Matin/Matin-M-6336-Filter-Case-67mm-82mm::1550.html

which seems intended for round filters up to 82 mm (Hitech are 84mmx110 rectangular). I trust the ebay description about as far as I can throw my laptop.

So for anyone who has Hitech or Cokin P series filters, how do you store and transport them? What are your recommendations?

I use this Multi-Filter pouch from Lee filters for my P sized (both square and rectangular) Hitech filters. It is actually designed for larger filters but works well. Each filter goes in an individual sleeve made of some kind of felt, which avoid scratching them.

The boxes/wallets in your first 3 links will only take square filters. The wallet in the last one looks like it is for round filters.

Most reactions

Back