Hiyo

Maeks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there everyone, my name's Shawn and I thought I'd join because I'd like to learn more about photography and this seemed like a good place to start.

Anyways, I've always had an interest in photography, but it'd never really gotten off to anything, and I recently bought a new digital camera for myself and it reignited my interest once more.

But what I'm really interested in is those "old timer" cameras, you know, the ones with what those shiny paper rolls and all. I have fun with digital cameras, but they just don't seem to have as much heart. Which is actually the primary reason I joined, I'm thinking of taking a photography class if I get a chance this coming year and I had a couple questions which could really only be asked of people who knew something more than the people at Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

Aside from my new camera, I've had a Nikon N2000 sitting around, and despite being as old or older than me, it seems to be in good working condition, would this be a good camera to use for a class? When I start the school year, I fly, meaning I have limited luggage space, and I'd prefer to know before hand whether or not it would be worth bringing.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself here and I hope to learn a lot from this forum!

Hi Shawn, welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back