HL's Photo Gallery

Hardware_Lock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new here, so I decided to post some of my photographs.

A photograph of my dog running in the woods. She didn't like walking in the street, but she loved running in the woods.
jg_sharliecours.jpg

A really small water path.
jg_petitecanyon.jpg

Picture of locked bicycles near the Henri-Bourassa subway station in Montréal.
jg_velos.jpg

Low-angle shot under stairs in the Beaubien district in Montréal.
jg_sousescalier.jpg

Low-angle shot of an air exit in the Beaubien district in Montréal.
jg_stelcoat.jpg

A roof in the Rosemont district in Montréal.
jg_toit1.jpg

Welcome to the forum Hardware_Lock and nice pictures. Something you might want to change are the filesizes. Not everyone has broadband so you should keep your pictures to 50 KB or less.

I love 1, 2, 4, and 5. Actually, I love the dog... the "I'm FREEEEEE" look is priceless. You have some nice abstract stuff going for you also. Good eye and sense of composition. Nice work. Try to be careful about posting lots of picts for critique... it gets overwhelming if you post a bunch in one thread.

I really like 1 and 2. I can almost sense the water movement in 2. These are huge file sizes, most of them 500-600KB or more. Since the computer monitor can only see about 72 dpi you only gain a small amount of visible quality when you make the resolution so high. Under 50KB is much kinder to dial up people and under 100KB is not too bad a compromise of quality and size although you may still get some people on dial up who will not wait for it to appear. I am on broadband and these still took a long time to appear.

There is a free program at www.irfanview.com that can easily change both size and resolution at the same time. In Photoshop you can use the "Save for Web" feature to reduce quality to get your file size down to reasonable levels.

nices ones mate,

i've always wanted to visit Montreal, thanks for sharing those. The first two are my favourite here as well. I love the stream pictures, the only thing i would have done differently is perhaps find some more autumn leaves to put into the stream. ;)

I think the number of posts here is fine, its the file size thats bogged down the thread.

Please, more pictures of Quebec and Montreal! ;)

Welcome to the forum! Your image of your dog is really great. Of the group, I'd have to say my fave is the last one, of the rooftop. I really enjoy urban shots and this is a great perspective. I like the soft sunlight on the smokestacks. Nicely done! :D

Thanks all for the good comments! I'll sure change those image size, I didn't know it took so long to download them.
Thanks drdan for the irfanview software, I just downloaded it, I'll check it out soon.
And people that like that dog photo, I have another one of my dog that I'll post soon, or maybe even two. One of her feet! and one of her happy face in the forest.
And vonnagy, I have some other photographs of Montreal and I have some in Quebec city and other cities in Quebec. I'll check if I have any good ones I could post.

Thanks all!

karissa, you said not to post to much photos in one thread, but I don't like when people start making many threads for their own work, so if I'm not waiting for some specific help, I'll post all my photos in this thread.

I just changed the images sizes, now they are all around 50ko.

Here are two other photos of my dog, since you all seem to like that first one I posted. And I like posting photos of her, because she died in june, and posting pictures of her is like sharing some good memories.

Here is another picture of Sharlie took on that happy day in the woods. If you look in her eyes, you can see me on the floor taking the photo, and my father standing behind me.
jg_sharlieface.jpg

And here is a photo of her feet. I wanted to experiment, so I decided to take that unusual photo. There had been some big fires that summer, and the sun was hidden being some orange smoke, which gives the photograph that special orange look.
jg_sharliepattes.jpg

Nice shot of the dogs face! It really is a happy face.

These pictures are a very reasonable size (53KB or so) and they look very good on my monitor. Good job at reducing file size without losing much quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back