Hmm decisions..

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband should be getting promoted very soon! The wife in me wants to pin his new chevrons on at the little ceremony they do.. the photographer in me wants him to have someone else do it, so I can photograph. haha

Who would he like to do the 'pinning'? After all, chance are you know one other photographer can do the job for you if he wants you there to put them up.

The easiest way is to locate a photographer in the room and hand him your camera. You can offer him suggestions, of course.

Get me an airline ticket, hotel, car rental, meals, per diem................... I'm there!

Get me an airline ticket, hotel, car rental, meals, per diem................... I'm there!

To the most happening yuma Arizona???? Lol its only 110 out already ;)

To the most happening yuma Arizona???? Lol its only 110 out already ;)

Pffft. It's a dry heat. Come to Iowa, when it's 95% RH.

As a former college buddy (who now lives in Phoenix) once said - "When it's 115 out, you don't no no xxxing humidity!"

lol truth! when we first moved here it was end of september.. and the temps were reading 118. last summer I saw I think a 121 one afternoon.. its crazy.

Pffft. Tell that to my leather seats.

Seriously though, I'd take the humidity from back home in Miami over this OVEN any day. lol Ok maybe not any day, but some days!
Pfft ... I've been there. OK, it wasn't 118 but the last time I was in Phoenix it was 105 the day I left. The difference is you can move into the shade and it isn't bad, and when the sun goes down it feels nice outside. Early morning feels nice outside. The people I was staying with didn't even run their air conditioning, just ceiling fans and it was comfortable inside.

In the southeast when it's 100 you can move into the shade and it STILL feels like 100. It's hot and humid and sticky at 10:00 at night and already hot and humid and sticky at 5:00 in the morning. There's no escaping it without air conditioning.

Admittedly I haven't experienced 120 degree desert heat, nor do I want to, but the spring, fall, and winter there make up for a lot of it.

It's only really not cool when I can't take my son out to play except for earrrrrlyyyy morning or when the sun has gone down. Even in the shade its way too hot after 10-11am... with a breeze. And I have heard thermometers used to measure the temperatures outside are often placed in the shade.. so its actually potentially hotter than any weather report reads.

Ok, let me ask you all just ONE question: Do you own a SNOW shovel?

Never mind the heat. You're all getting off easy compared to those of us who live in the cold. :violin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back