The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am taken with this photo and this is a roughly done edit.
Any comments?

p1769983274-5.jpg

It is excellent. It relies greatly on color for its excellence.

I think that this edit does not do it justice. The central figure's face is.. somehow dull. I think a Rembrandt-meets-street treatment might be quite successful, darkening large swathes a bit, and lightening the central face and one or two other selective elements to create some bolder tonal contrasts. The color palette is wonderful and has some of that Rembrandt richness, although in more modern feeling hues. If there is any extra room in the frame, which I suspect there is not, some extra space on top would be nice.

Processing on the central figures face looks off... like it was merged, or cut out or something. There is an obvious redness on the left cheek / chin that just stops.. hard, at a border of much paler skin. (makeup, or post?)

There are some odd "wrinkles" Left cheek / chin that seem to extend into the image (Hair)... looks odd. There is also an arch of lightness that looks like dodging left chin to upper right cheek... it just doesn't look right to me.

Interesting shot, other than that. Nice expression!

Last edited:
I think there's some cigarette smoke in there? At least that was my interpretation. Now that I can't find the cigarette in the frame, I think this is a point of weakness. Obviously if it's not consistently interpreted, and there are no strong cues to help out, such a blotch of paleness is going to detract.

I think there's some cigarette smoke in there? At least that was my interpretation. Now that I can't find the cigarette in the frame, I think this is a point of weakness. Obviously if it's not consistently interpreted, and there are no strong cues to help out, such a blotch of paleness is going to detract.

The arch is very clearly defined.. and appears very symmetrical. Never seen smoke do that! Looks more like a bad cloning job...

What you are seeing is glass. It appears as if the main woman is inside looking out at the two s****y ladies. Thus the look of her skin.

Good eye, runnah. Now it falls into place, I even see the rightmost woman's reflection in the glass. The glass appears to be running at quite an angle to us, which certainly helped to throw me off the scent.

S-w-a-n-k-y is a bad word apparently?

I agree with glass reflection not smoke.Looks like back light reflection in the glass.

s****y s****y I love that word s****y

Most reactions

New Topics

Back