Hobbies

making jewelry: (actually thats my job, but its fun too)

SU1HMDAyMzUtMjAwOTA4MDYtMTI1Mi5qcGc.jpg

fishing:

utf-8BSU1HMDA0OTAtMjAwOTA1MjgtMTI0N.jpg

aquariums:

IMG_2426.jpg

mkII/mkIII volxwagons:

IMG_1342.jpg

building/ modifying mopeds:

ride1.jpg

building/ installing car audio:

subs2.jpg

collecting shoes:

20D903-2.jpg

surfing:

IMG_8997.jpg

and many many more...

Man, I wish I had time for all the stuff I want to do. As it is, I hardly have time for photography. I guess that is the price you pay when you have 3 kids between 4 and 12.

Trying to get my kids into camping/hiking/mountain biking, but it has just been too hot this summer. Hopefully after football season.... ;)

HAM Radio, photography, fixing things, building things, breaking things, NRA certified firearms instructor. Long range rifle. (close is 1000 yards), defensive pistol instructor.

Automotive related (My next project is selling my Roush and buying a C6 Vette to Twin Tubro)
Photography
Shooting- Own a M&P .40, Marlin .22 (so cheap/fun), Mossberg 12ga
Backpacking- Bought all new gear this season which was a hefty penny.
Aquarims- I have a 10gal planted tropical tank, awesome tank. Then I have a 55gal Malawi Cichlid tank (pure devils).
Growing vegetables- Various, best being my pumpkins I make fresh pies with in OCT, I hand out the rest to kids in the neighborhood to carve.
Snowboarding in the winter- Palmer Burn board, Burton Bindings/boots

Just a couple.

The only other fish that I have owned, that had more personality, were Oscars. Those were very interactive fish.

wait... you were serious?
lol. sorry. i figured you were joking.
malawi and tanganyikan are not very aggressive at all.
oscars can be very interactive, but they are disgusting fish. they make a huge mess during feeding, and produce more waste then just about any other aquarium fish. i would never be caught dead with one personally. but to each their own.

if you decide to switch up your stock down the road, or get another tank. id suggest going with a nice CA/SA cichlid. (i personally like the CA guapotes) VERY interactive, and always fun to watch. only bad part is, they can get big depending on what you get, and will require a large tank.

You dont believe Malawi Cichlids are aggressive?
Super territorial and can be very mean. Last week they all ganged up on a Electric yellow that had been in there for a year or so and ate his tail down to the point where he had no fin, and couldnt swim. They then just watched him flop around on the bottom trying to stay in a natural upright position. It was pretty messed up to watch.

Oscars can be messy, but that really depends on what you feed them. Two of them in a 55Gal with a good canister filter rated for twice to three times the tank, will keep the water perfect.

But yeah to each their own.

as far as cichlids go, africans are whimps compared to their CA/SA cousins. africans are more for show then anything. i kept cichlids for many years. i actually still have my first cichlid. shes now 12 years old.

a single oscar should have a 75 to itself. some say 55, but i wouldnt suggest anything less then 75. so 2 in a 55 is absolutely absurd.

anyway. i dont want to derail this thread any further, so if youd like to continue the discussion elsewhere, id be more then happy to share some knowledge and experience with you. but this isnt the venue.

sorry everyone. lol

other than photography i love going to concerts...even if i don't know the band just the energy of a live performance makes me so happy.

as far as cichlids go, africans are whimps compared to their CA/SA cousins. africans are more for show then anything. i kept cichlids for many years. i actually still have my first cichlid. shes now 12 years old.

I had a Midas who breed with a Dempsey (accident). The fry were AWESOME. I know having hybrids is looked down upon and I made sure none of them were ever released to anyone who shouldn't have them but wow when they were frightened or angry they had some INTENSE markings and colors.

I have a few hobbies.

- Remote Control trucks (Rummy RC - Custom RC Fabrication and Design)
- Mountain biking (used to race downhill and was big into dirt jumping)
- Automotive (not as much as I wish I could be)
- Antique wood boats and boating

Guess I can post a few pics also.

DSCF6024.jpg

DSCF6054.jpg

JMB_0009.jpg

JMB_0027.jpg

304365428bWufci_ph.jpg

Last edited:
My motorcycle
Walking
Golf (I'm rubbish)
Avoiding going shopping (is that a hobby)
Watching the Grand Prix
The Gym (only joking, I never go to the gym)
Scuba (but only when I'm on holiday)

Most reactions

Back