Hola! An Introduction

sgalway

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there!

My name is Shane, and despite my little bit of Spanish in this thread title, I am a 100% born and bred British guy. I'm currently a student of Geography (more specifically my exact degree is "Geography: Environment & Sustainability") at the University of British Columbia in beautiful Vancouver, Canada, which I moved to in August 2011. However, I'm currently doing a semester abroad at the University of Oslo in Norway.

My interest in photography got serious when I bought my first DLSR in 2013; a Canon Rebel T3i. Admittedly, I knew nothing about the technical aspects of photography (and still don't, really) but it opened up a whole new world of creative freedom for me, and for somebody who isn't traditionally artsy (I can't draw to save my life, and I have about zero musical ability), it granted me an incredibly creative outlet. I realized too at this point that I had always had somewhat of an underlying interest in taking photos, it just needed to come out. My other interests include travelling, reading, drinking copious of coffee (and harbouring a need to check out any and every coffee shop I stumble across on my travels), tea (I'm British), soccer (okay, football to some - Canada has changed me) and skiing - which is perhaps my biggest passion and what I get the most enjoyment out of doing.

Why am I here? Simply: I want to get better! I want to learn from all you wonderful people about the technical aspects of photography, advice on how to take better photos (although I realize this is very subjective) and keep up to date on where I should be focusing my equipment upgrades when the time becomes right. I would also love to offer my view on any and every aspect of what you all are doing!

I think that's enough for now, thanks for reading!

Shane

Welcome, Shane.

I have a decided bias towards Brits because I have a truly likeable son-in-law who's a Brit to the core - and a spurs fan.

L

Welcome aboard, from one geographer (GIS/Computer Cartography) to another.

Most reactions

Back