Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shot from my second roll with the 135BC

3226279596_d2cbb489b4.jpg

3225421519_1138c77852.jpg

3226272542_13207d869a.jpg

The rest of the roll can be seen here or here

Too processed and grainy for my liking, but they could be neat in the right context. Also, why does everyone feel like they must darken the corners of photographs?

Too processed and grainy for my liking, but they could be neat in the right context. Also, why does everyone feel like they must darken the corners of photographs?

I like the look of the darker corners (vignetting). I apply it to many of my photos.

I don't really know why I do it exactly, but I think it helps pull my eyes into the photo.

Also, why does everyone feel like they must darken the corners of photographs?

It's natural for these Holgas to do that, its the way the camera's designed. Vignetting creates a centre of focus, almost like a frame. It pulls your eye back into the picture.

Love it! very arty :p

Generally the edge of a photo doesn't have important information so vignetting can be a great way to help create emotion and draw the eye.

With that said, I do believe that it belongs on some photos but not all. It looks good on these because of the setting.

Let me google that for you

I'm finding that a lot of people on this forum have a very narrow view of what a good photo should look like.

Anyway, I absolutely love these photos. Especially the last one. It gives a very mysterious dark cool feel, which goes perfectly with the subject matter. Reminds me of the Robert Frost poem: The woods are lovely, dark, and deep...

Excellent work! Keep shooting!

i like the winding road too, and the near monochrom style. i've not done much before with odd monochrom colour before, but now i'd like to try. question though... how was the first one taken? reflections or multiple exposure?

The first one is multiple exposures

Most reactions

Back