Holga and 120 loose sppol is this film too far gone?

darry85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

Ive had a holga 120FN for a few years and i ran a roll of portra 400 through it. I took the 12 shots and i rolled it to the end of the spool, but it was too loose. Is it too fogged to process? Also, how do i prevent this from happening again?

mountains of mourne lyrics

Last edited:
When your loading, make sure you put thumb on the paper to ensure its started tight. I had this problem on a different camera and keeping g a little pressure while loading ensures it doesn't lose tension when removing the finished roll. You may get a couple or few good images out of it. Best case is it only exposed on the edges but chances are not good.

My guess? Fogged badly. Buuuuut, as limr wrote above, there's only one sure way to find out!

I get rolls like that at the lab all the time. Some are fine, some are fogged. limr got it right......Only one way to know.

Isn't that kinda stuff what the Holga's all about?

This can also happen if there is not enough back pressure on the let-out spool. Ill have to take another look at my holga when i get home as I cant remember what the friction mechanism is but there is not a whole lot of tension in the holga which can allow film to bunch up.

Its also possible that it was not started square and spooled on a bit crooked preventing it from seating properly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back