Holga and 35mm film question

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know a few of you guys have done it, just wondering how you scanned them in afterwards? Im halfway through a roll (I think) at the moment, and was wondering how the heck Im going to scan them. Will the lab scan WITH the sprocket holes? And has anyone gotten prints done?

I've done this a couple of times. The first time the sprocket holes got exposed as well - and the only lab near me was a fully automatic one and their machines couldn't produce prints unless they could read the bar codes on the edge of the film. So I just scanned them myself at home. Haven't got prints done coz they were pretty crap.

Another time, I modded the Holga even further and put tape over the insert so that the sprockets wouldn't be exposed. (So it's just like a panorama shot but full negative height.
I took those ones in to be printed, but again it was on the fully automatic machine and they didn't use panorama paper, so the edges are cut off and sometimes the middle of the frame isn't in the middle of the paper.

I tried to scan them in the negative scanner we have but that didn't work because it's made for 35mm size. So I just scanned them on the normal scanner settings but I haven't converted them to normal colours yet.

You could probably try and ask the lab to include the holes but depending on their exquipment it might not be possible to do it.

My understanding is (I have yet to try it) is that if you use 35mm the sprocket holes will be exposed and contain some of the image. If you take your 35mm and get it processed and printed like normal it'll come back just like all the other rolls you've sent in. You'll get prints without the holes. If you want the holes in the print you'll have to ask for them to be included. I don't know how that works at all which is why I've decided to ask for a contact sheet to be made from my roll. Although the images will be small they'll be fine for scanning into the computer and it will include the holes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back