Holga Fisheye Query

HolgaNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, completley new to Holga's and photography, however looking to have a bit of fun with a holga.

Basically, I've just purchased a Holga 120 CFN, I've got 5 rolls of colour 120 film (400 iso). After using this film, I'm going to buy a Superheadz adaptor which enables the Holga to take 35 mm film (for the cheaper cost of the film and development).

When snooping around on ebay looking for a fisheye lens for it, I've noticed there are ones designed for 120mm film (HOLGA FISHEYE & VIEWFINDER Set for 120 GCFN GTLR CFN GN on eBay (end time 31-Dec-10 04:19:02 GMT))

And ones designed for 35mm film (HOLGA FISHEYE & VIEWFINDER Set for 135BC Toy Camera on eBay (end time 31-Dec-10 04:19:27 GMT))

So would i be right in thinking a fisheye for a 120 Holga, wouldnt work when i am shooting on 35 mm film? or would one be interchangeable??

(Excuse terrible photography jargon, trying to sound like i know something, but I really don't! All help much appreciated!)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
lenses are designed to direct the image onto a specific size of surface.

think DX (APS) vs FX (35mm) lenses.

a 120 lens would act longer on 35mm sized surface, possibly not fisheye. a 35mm lens would leave a black ring on a 120mm surface

I notice almost all skateboarding pics are used with a fisheye...good luck I cant wait to see the results.

If I were you, I will choose the one that work with the 120 film. I'll imagine that it also work with the smaller 35mm format.

Just wondering, if you use the adapter for 35mm film, will the result looks different from if you use 120 film? I mean since the image circle is much larger than the 35mm film, so the photos may not have any vignetting which is one of the characteristic of Holga look photos.

If I were you, I will choose the one that work with the 120 film. I'll imagine that it also work with the smaller 35mm format.

Just wondering, if you use the adapter for 35mm film, will the result looks different from if you use 120 film? I mean since the image circle is much larger than the 35mm film, so the photos may not have any vignetting which is one of the characteristic of Holga look photos.

Yeah, when i shoot with 35mm, i lose most the vignetting, however you can get the image to go over the sprocket holes which looks sick!

Most reactions

Back