Holga pinhole lens Nikon camera question

Laser drilled pinholes are actually quite accurate and pinholes laser driulled - Google Search will give you sources.

A friend of mine has directions to make your own at HandMade Photographic Images - Projects. However, if one is going to use a pinhole with a digital camera then you do not actually want a pinhole, as it will allow particles to enter and land on the sensor. I have not purchased one for my digital camera (I made it) but I see a resource at Dustless Pinhole Nikon F Mount Lens Body Cap Camera Photography LOMO Lomography | eBay, as this is a dustless pinhole. Or, if you know someone with access, slide coverslips (Karter Scientific 211Z3 Standard Microscope Cover Slip, #1 Thick, 22x22mm (Pack of 200): Microscope Slide Cover Slips: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific would be great to cover the hole.

Wow thanks for all the links traveler. Will check them out. Just wondering do you think the one I posted online is dustless?

I have no idea if it is or not.
All the Holga stuff is plastic and I wouldn't bet that their pinholes are as accurate and carefully round as ones that are manufactured by laser drilling, rather than injection molded.

I have some Holga stuff and it is interesting but certainly not 'crafted' or rugged.
I would spend a very few dollars more and get more something a bit more sturdy and precisely made.

Thanks traveler for your reply. I will do some more digging on the interwebz.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the images should make the final decision. Personally, I don't know how practical it is to spend lots of money until you decide whether or not pinhole photography is really for you. For me, the terms "pinhole" and "high tech" don't really go together, so I'd suggest either the DIY route or the Holga lens to see how you like it. If you do decide that you really enjoy pinhole photography and want a different set-up, then you can go looking for other options.

holga pinhole lens for nikon images - Google Search

Laser drilled lens caps or body caps are ~$24 dollars from Pinhole Photography - Lenox Laser
So for $3 more than a Holga plastic POC, one gets a finely drilled laser pinhole from a company that drills laser holes as a business - and whose president does pinhole photos as a hobby.

I think the images should make the final decision. Personally, I don't know how practical it is to spend lots of money until you decide whether or not pinhole photography is really for you. For me, the terms "pinhole" and "high tech" don't really go together, so I'd suggest either the DIY route or the Holga lens to see how you like it. If you do decide that you really enjoy pinhole photography and want a different set-up, then you can go looking for other options.

holga pinhole lens for nikon images - Google Search

You're right limr, and I will look at different options before I make decision. Thanks again. Btw I have enjoyed your pinhole shots.

Laser drilled lens caps or body caps are ~$24 dollars from Pinhole Photography - Lenox Laser
So for $3 more than a Holga plastic POC, one gets a finely drilled laser pinhole from a company that drills laser holes as a business - and whose president does pinhole photos as a hobby.

I will definitely check out the links. Thanks for the info.

You're right limr, and I will look at different options before I make decision. Thanks again. Btw I have enjoyed your pinhole shots.

Thanks, annamaria (ps, I like the name change :) )

You are welcome, and thank you. Btw what is your real name?

Most reactions

Back