Holga simulation

explody pup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I love my Holga, I just don't like processing film. I got a digital a while ago and I've been trying to figure out how to get comparable images to what the Holga produces. I'm getting closer. Let me know what you think about my 2 most recent.

20070902155046_junkball.jpg

Got a little heavy on the vignetting. Also, I don't think the Holga focuses that close, but the composition was simple so I used it.

20070902162918_chair.jpg

I'm much happier with this one. Put in a bit of barrel distortion. Vignetting is a little better. I can't figure out how to get the less-circular vignetting that the Holga gives me.

20070616113046_arkansas-junk1.jpg

For reference. An actual Holga shot from earlier this summer.

I'm not particularly a big fan of the light leaks in the Holga so I'm not really worried about getting them in there. Also, since I used to process my own film, I only shot in B&W. I don't really have much of an idea how to handle color. That'll be a bit more experimentation (any suggestions?). These were shot w/ a 50mm lens on the K110d sensor (75mm equivalent). I'll need to get a wide angle soon. I also need to look into alternative ways of introducing vignetting.

Any comments welcome and if you want to post your own, I'd be interested in seeing what you have.

Thanks for viewing.

Most reactions

Back