Holga Time

tkaat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking of purchasing a holga. I went on the official website and found that they have it where you can purchase the 120 film version or the 35mm film version. What i wanted to know is if i buy the 120 version and put a roll of 35 in how hard is it to do that cause I like the way when you take the photo it uses the entire slide.
Or should I just keep on the safe side and buy the 35 version because I live on a island :meh: and don't knw how hard it would to a) find 120 film and b) get 120 film developed

Please help me :confused:

i love my holga. it is my favorite camera! it is not hard to put 35mm in a 120 holga. you should check out holgmods.com and toycamera.com.

sometimes it is so nice to forget about shutter, aperture etc.

have fun!

yeah i am totally clueless when it comes to film and i own a 120 holga and almost always use 35. it actually came with an adapter and you just have to get a little creative with the film roll. on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being insanely difficult, i would call it a 3.5.

i "tweak" mine so it could use 35mm film as i wanted the rebate to be part of the image. it isn't hard, i put a piece of the top of the advance knob to remind me of how many turns i would need to make to advance the film far enough not to over-lap.

if you use a 120 version with 35mm film remember to tape the "red window" so you won't fog the film.

thanks for all the input i ordered mine off of ebay today the 120n

oh... you didn't get the luxury version with the flash for $10 more?:lol: haha just joking, I bought the 120n of amazon today myself:blushing:. I look forward to getting my little $22.70 camera with its plastic lens.

The major downside of shooting 35mm on a Holga is you won't be getting the whole image, ie there will be a drastic difference between what you see through the viewfinder and what you actually get. 35mm is just a smaller film, nothing you can do.

What I've been wondering about the new Holga 135 (35 mm only) is whether their is a relatively accurate image between viewfinder and actual negative. Given that it was designed for 35mm, and that the camera is much smaller, I would guess yes. I definitely enjoy shooting 120 but would consider going for the 135 at some point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back