Holyrood C & C

LLD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I learned from here that you should take shots from different vantage points to gain the best shot. How do you contend with the people that may or may not be in the shot. Here I waited till they turned their backs but had to hurry because others were about to walk into the shot. How did I do? I also had to crop out some people that were on a bench.
Taken prior to the purchase of my Nikon D7000 so not as sharp as I'd like.

Attachments

• $IMG_2412.JPG
    $IMG_2412.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Definitely try different vantage points. As for people in the shot; an architectural photographer will have the building's manager get everyone out for the picture, but as you probably don't have that much authority, just do as you have done and wait until most or all people are out of the frame.

I have one very unusual shot of a place where all visitors to Disneyland pose for a picture, but once I caught it when there was nobody there!

The building you've posted could use more light on it. Also it could use a little straightening.

One more trick to find a shot in which there are no people is to select only parts of the building or scene. You can get some good detail shots of the building by getting up close.

Could you possibly do two pictures at different intervals and merge the photos?

Could you possibly do two pictures at different intervals and merge the photos?

I would like to learn how to do that. Is that a Photoshop exclusive?

Is there any other software that will do that?

Just stack the images and erase people as needed, or paste over people as needed. It kinda like rocket surgery.

Well I only suggested that due to doing funny renderings in Microsoft paint. Cropping heads off a person with a different image and then reapplying the original background. I'm sure there are free applications out there. Maybe try and find something that states "layers", idk. I can look tonight if no one finds anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back