Home darkroom set up.

Fender5388

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm working on setting up my own darkroom, until then i have been scanning my negatives. This is the first time I've been developing st home (just graduated college, no longer have access to their equipment.)
What is the best way to let your negatives dry so they won't get dusty.
And what is the best way to clean the dust off the negatives before scanning and or enlarging??

Thanks!!

Bulb blower to get the dust off. Dry in a dust free environment to prevent it from happening.

I dry mine in the bathroom. If the A/C (or heat) is on, I close the vent in the bathroom before hanging the film up. I get very minimal dust doing it that way.

Yeah, I would not pay that much for it ... look for photo labs that are closing shop ... that's how I got mine.

I also dry mine in the bathroom. I steam the bathroom up a bit then hang the negatives (with weights on the bottom to keep them flat) from a bar in the shower. After they're hung, I run a small space heater in the bathroom for an hour or two and it works fantastic. They dry quickly and I've yet to have any dust appear on my negatives.

Keep an eye on them while they're drying and look to see that the negative has a slight inward curl towards the emulsion (non shiny) side. This means that they are completely dry, ready to be cut into strips and put into negative preservers.

Most reactions

Back