LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Man oh man.... someone's in trouble... :meh:
My dad just called me and told me to drive out to the city(of Bulverde)
He told me to take my camera and take photos of the tree clearing that's happening on a hill where the city approved that the Home Depot be built there.

Well, they are NOT following the cities tree ordinance that they set and TOLD them specificly what NOT to do...
Well, check out a few of the pics of what's happening. :confused:

Panorama of the front of the property... they were supposed to leave a 35' barrier of trees between where I was standing and the parking lot that will be laid there... :meh: As you can see, they chopped everything down...
panorama.jpg

Here is directly to the right of the above photo, this was solid trees before today.
110638.jpg

Here is where they were chopping up all the trees. Perhapse destroying evidence? It was a windy day and the cedar dust was blowing everywhere.
110551.jpg

And lastly... This was the view from the highway driving into the city...
As you can see the top of the hill is completely shaved down to nothing.
111407.jpg

Part of the reason we let them in was because they said that they wouldn't just clearcut the hill... in fact, our ordinance says that it's $300 per inch-per tree!!! (for oaks, and other good trees around here) So, if a tree is 5 inches in diameter they have to pay 5 x $300. now multiply that by how many trees were on that hill... :meh:

I hope y'all enjoyed this... because it may just be in the next council meeting. :) Someone is going to pay lots and lots of money... muahhahaha

Also, tell me what you think of the whole thing... it's really my first assignment type photography thing... lol :)
Thanks!

-Chris

Atleast they have some new stock to sell. They'll be packaging that tree bark at $80 a bag. Woobchips for $30 a bag. Not to mention the 2x4's they're making.

Plus, it's home depot. They probably saved a whole wack of money clearcutting like that.

bace said:
Atleast they have some new stock to sell. They'll be packaging that tree bark at $80 a bag. Woobchips for $30 a bag. Not to mention the 2x4's they're making.

Plus, it's home depot. They probably saved a whole wack of money clearcutting like that.
My thoughts exactly...
They've got so much money that the Tree ordinance can't restrict them...

typically, when you develop large tracks of land for commercial purposes, zoning/planning ordinances require buffers. in this case, the existing trees would satisfy this requirement. i assume since this land is being cleared as we speak, there is an approved site plan floating around somewhere (maybe covered in dirt under the land disturbers rear seat) that would spell this all out. no need to return to council, this is an enforcement issue. the planning/zoning office needs to enforce these regualtions and fine the developers/contractors for not complying and order up some large trees. come on Chris, you and your dad get involved and stir something up....then post some pics of that :lmao:

sorry, i'll go back to playing gunbound now ;)

JonMikal said:
typically, when you develop large tracks of land for commercial purposes, zoning/planning ordinances require buffers. in this case, the existing trees would satisfy this requirement. i assume since this land is being cleared as we speak, there is an approved site plan floating around somewhere (maybe covered in dirt under the land disturbers rear seat) that would spell this all out. no need to return to council, this is an enforcement issue. the planning/zoning office needs to enforce these regualtions and fine the developers/contractors for not complying and order up some large trees. come on Chris, you and your dad get involved and stir something up....then post some pics of that :lmao:

sorry, i'll go back to playing gunbound now ;)
The regulations were just changed not too long ago... (right before they approved homedepot) So it's all fresh in everyone's minds.

typically, when you develop large tracks of land for commercial purposes, zoning/planning ordinances require buffers. in this case, the existing trees would satisfy this requirement.
correct, but they did not leave enough trees and they will be forced to put more trees in which will only cost them money. The Tree ordinance here in Bulverde is the most strict ordinance in Texas... :lol: If you read it you'll understand.

i assume since this land is being cleared as we speak, there is an approved site plan floating around somewhere (maybe covered in dirt under the land disturbers rear seat) that would spell this all out.
I've seen the plan myself and there were a lot of changes made, many of which were not followed since they started clearing... it is blatently off course... they are ignoring what we made them agree to do about the looks of the property and the clearing of the land.

the planning/zoning office needs to enforce these regualtions and fine the developers/contractors for not complying and order up some large trees.
They are on that right as I type this... trust me... these people here in Bulverde are really crazy about their trees... :lmao: Around here I'm in the small majority that really don't care all that much... now think about how much everyone else cares... :lol:

come on Chris, you and your dad get involved and stir something up....then post some pics of that :lmao:
That's why I bring my camera to the City Council meetings... just incase there is a fist fight.. :mrgreen: and believe me... there are times when it's very very close to being an all out fight... lol
Especially with this Home Depot thing... lol a lot of people were vehemently opposed to it.

So, it's nothing new if we cause a rustle in the small town government... :mrgreen: Been there, done that.

As it is with most government there are two major sides... that's how it is here. The people that are literally for everything and the people that are totally against everything. :lol: That seems to be a nice mix in one room.

Sounds like one of our typical town meetings. Keep up the good fight Chris, it's what keeps the blood circulating! No better way to make friends than arguing about politics or religion.

photogoddess said:
Dude... what kind of nerdy kid goes to city council meetings with a camera waiting for a fight to break out? :biglaugh:

do you really need to ask this? :mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
do you really need to ask this? :mrgreen:
No kidding PG... I mean... after like 3,000 posts of meaningless things I would think you would know me even a little... :lmao:

yeah... I'm a nerd... but my friends who are even bigger nerds say I'm a cool nerd... :wink:

:lmao:

LittleMan said:
No kidding PG... I mean... after like 3,000 posts of meaningless things I would think you would know me even a little... :lmao:

yeah... I'm a nerd... but my friends who are even bigger nerds say I'm a cool nerd... :wink:

dude, you know that's not possible....stop it! :greenpbl:

LittleMan said:

I do know you that well. I was simply stating the obvious. :lmao:

As for being the bigger nerd.... I guess size does matter in Nerd-dom. :Joker:

photogoddess said:
I do know you that well. I was simply stating the obvious. :lmao:

As for being the bigger nerd.... I guess size does matter in Nerd-dom. :Joker:
Well, if we weren't all nerds... no one would be here... :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back