Home made tilt lens

I do take that to heart, but also take it offensively. Yes the Lynny was (WAS) made of tape.

Nothing wrong with prototyping with tape. Wrong with spamming with double accounts, and for me also wrong calling "invention" what can be found, with better quality, on the Web. You are not an inventor, you are an enterpreneur.
I suggest to invest some money in an optical study to give better quality to the output - it is so "dreamy" just because is optically random. If your Lynny will be optically decent, and less expensive than Lensbaby, I could even buy it. But I suspect Lensbaby will not sue you mostly because they saw the video...

Yeah it was totally wrong to "spam" as you call it with double accounts, I don't call it spam though, but we can argue with that all day. I choose not to, I choose peace. And if you create something even if there is a *similar* product available, it's still 100% an invention. And look it up sir, there is a major difference between an entrepreneur and an inventor. Being that I have created/invented two real products, the lens and a low level tripod, even if I just created one, and I decide to start a business with it, and sell them as products, I am an inventor, not the other

"An Entrepreneur is someone who starts up a business and has all the necessary resources to implement his/her business idea.
However Inventor is someone actually creates something new for the society and/or world as a whole. Inventors can not always be good in implementing or commercializing his/her invention for the good of society or even when it comes to serving the whole world. On the other hand Entrepreneurs strive to implement their ideas and make it good for the society"

So I am an inventor, not an entrepreneur.

And I do take that advice, I do plan on investing in better optics to improve quality.

Hey, my intention was Never to start a fire, I just wanted to share my idea with everyone, but it blew up in flames. And I am so sorry about that. I never intended for that to happen. So please I ask for forgiveness from everyone who I may have irritated or offended. I never meant to.

Just wanted to share my idea, because honestly, I was excited as heck. As a young photography who found out how to make a simple lens system to get creative effects, it was pretty, no extremely exciting for me. But sorry.

I do take that to heart, but also take it offensively. Yes the Lynny was (WAS) made of tape.

Nothing wrong with prototyping with tape. Wrong with spamming with double accounts, and for me also wrong calling "invention" what can be found, with better quality, on the Web. You are not an inventor, you are an enterpreneur.
I suggest to invest some money in an optical study to give better quality to the output - it is so "dreamy" just because is optically random. If your Lynny will be optically decent, and less expensive than Lensbaby, I could even buy it. But I suspect Lensbaby will not sue you mostly because they saw the video...

And by the way, your DIY project is awesome.

It sure looks better than a crudely taped together Lynny. :biglaugh

I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

20 years ago i made this Tilt and Shift lense with Cokin stuff and a 2x doubler. The back can slide up and down while the front can shift. It works very well, better than it looks, i didn't worry too much about finition and esthetics.

shifttilt1.jpg
shifttilt2.jpg
shifttilt3.jpg

Attachments

• $shifttilt1.jpg
    $shifttilt1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back