Home of Wolf

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... When Coyote lifted the lid of the basket to see inside, all of the people jumped out and ran in the four directions. At the bottom of the basket there were people that were smashed and broken. Coyote quickly put the lid back on the basket.

Brother Wolf was smarter than Coyote, so Coyote took the broken people to him on the top of the mountain where Wolf lived.

760-5x5-charleton-gs2090.jpg

Wolf healed the people and taught them how to live well in such a desolate land. When they became stronger and smarter than all of those that had ran away, Wolf returned the basket to brother Coyote with the instructions to let them live in the desert where the basket was opened. That was to be their land, the land that no one else wanted.

Last edited:
I like this one a lot. Interesting story too.

very nice, the harsh enviroment is balanced nicely by the sky....looks like the perfect day for such a shot too as it goes with the mood of the story.

I like this one a lot. Interesting story too.

Thanks. These myths are inspiring to me- They were meant to be retold and passed on.

very nice, the harsh enviroment is balanced nicely by the sky....looks like the perfect day for such a shot too as it goes with the mood of the story.

Thank you Roger. For as close as this mountain (Mt. Charleston) is to Las Vegas, NV., I'm surprised I don't see more photos of it plastered all over the web. It's so pretty.

The story definitely makes this shot (could you make that a habit, to always include a story with your photos? It would make them doubly awesome!).

(could you make that a habit, to always include a story with your photos? It would make them doubly awesome!).

Maybe not a habit, but abraxas' photos are frequently accompanied by a story. ...And I always look forward to them. :)

My dear old friend Jerry a.k.a. "Wolf", as everybody knew him, passed away about a year or so ago. The story of your Brother Wolf was well suited to his temperment. His intellect was not so much from books, but was sharpened by a keen sense of observation and delivered in equally dispensed measures of kindness. He was truly a mountain man in the sense of his spirit, not so much his physique. Could play hell on a six string or a mandolin and his vocals were as unique as he. I miss him.

Oh yeah, I like your photo too.

Thank you, and sorry to hear about your friend Kundalini.

and thank you Harmony and O||||||O

I like telling the stories about the photos I take. Sometimes the photos do not make much sense on their own without putting them into context. I'd like for them all to be 'art', and many of my shots seem to stand on their own fairly decently, so it's a mood thing I guess.

Last month I decided to tear down my sporadically updated "blog" and turn it into a sporadically maintained normal web site. I'm much happier and faster at coding by hand than working through the prophylactic software. Long story short, many of my posts here will end up there or some of my posts there will end up here.

Desert Gazette

Most reactions

Back