home studio lighting and red tone

Kelha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My photos are all coming out with a red tone to them in my home studio. Any suggestions? I am shooting with a Canon 30D and have two umbrella lights and a box light. Maybe the lights aren't postioned right. I shoot mainly head shots or babies.

Is there something red that may be reflecting some red light onto the subjects?

I would set a custom White Balance...and shoot in RAW. That should solve your problem or at lease make it easy to fix.

No, there is nothing red in the room. I have never shot in RAW before. I did try to take the white balance down to 34,00 and it seemed too blue. I will try to move it back up some next time. The background is usaully black. Thanks for the info.

To set the white balance, put something white where your subject will be. Zoom or get close enough to fill the frame with white. Take a shot. Then go into the menus and go to where you can set a custom WB. It will let you choose an image so pick the white shot you just made. I think you also have to set the WB on the top panel to to custom.

Learn to use RAW, there is a current thread about shooting RAW.

With RAW, the white balance setting is not actually attached to the image yet...only when you open and convert the file, is the WB applied to the image. Therefore, you would be able to adjust the WB of the shots after the shoot, during the post processing stage. You can even make one adjustment and then apply those settings to the rest of the shots...since they have all been shot under the same lights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back