Home Studio lighting kit

lawley06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there

I have been having a read through the threads about studio lighting and still have some really simple questions. Sorry in advance as they are likely to be particularly rookie!

I use an analogue, Bronica SQ-AI and wanting to set up small sets at home. When I say sets they will at this stage be primarily from small tabletop still lives.

I am wanting to create shadowless, flat lighting effects and understand that I will need a continuous light, softbox and reflector.

I am not really sure what I am looking at online and whilst I don't have a huge budget I want to buy a good quality set up that I will be able to use in the very far future. Any recommendations for good starter sets would be really appreciated!

Many Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

I am wanting to create shadowless, flat lighting effects and understand that I will need a continuous light, softbox and reflector.

You could use continuous light or flash/strobe.
You could use a softbox & reflector, but for a small (table top) set, you might be better off with a light tent.

Hi there

I have been having a read through the threads about studio lighting and still have some really simple questions. Sorry in advance as they are likely to be particularly rookie!

I use an analogue, Bronica SQ-AI and wanting to set up small sets at home. When I say sets they will at this stage be primarily from small tabletop still lives.

I am not really sure what I am looking at online and whilst I don't have a huge budget I want to buy a good quality set up that I will be able to use in the very far future. Any recommendations for good starter sets would be really appreciated!

Many Thanks in advance

Hi, I had similar question while ago and I found some answers at Studio Lighting Kit | Studio Lighting Kits | Photography Lighting Techniques

This site has some recommendations of what to look for as a simple home studio lighting kit and they review some basic studio lighting techniques as well. Hope that helps!
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back