Homeless in Vancouver

cloudten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my second picture posted here at the photo forum. =) also from my first ever roll of 35mm film taken on an SLR. the lighting that day wasn't very good... and i didn't have a tripod, either. haha so thats why the quality and lighting are a little "icky". anyways... comments and critique greatly welcome!

0025qt.jpg

pentax k1000
fuji sensja 100
f2 at 1/30 second
optimized on adobe photoshop 7.0

It's pretty noisy, but I love the expression you've captured. If I were you I might crop out the rain jacket on the left side. Also Black and white might work really well here! Not bad at all for your first roll :)

eromallagadnama said:
It's pretty noisy, but I love the expression you've captured. If I were you I might crop out the rain jacket on the left side. Also Black and white might work really well here! Not bad at all for your first roll :)

thanks for the comment. i tried out what you suggested on PS... haha this is what i got, i like it. =) thanks

002a2uj.jpg

Great edit, I really like it!!! The b&w is perfect for this, and the crop worked well :) Very nice job :)

I agree, great edit on this photo, it's much more powerful now that the man is more predominant in the frame. Well done.

what is at his feet? Is that I dog that I see? If so why did you leave it out of the shot, it might have added even more demension to it!

BTW I really like the shot especially the bw, I just got carried away by what looks to me like a furry german shepard ear!:wink:

i don't know....... really liked it though.... but i'm not sure.......

perhaps you could 'uncrop' the lower part? exposing the leg a little?

have a feeling that the photo appears unfinished....

But the expression on the persons face illustrates a sort of disparity of the society~ quite cool....

hahah thanks all for the comments. =) yes, there was a dog in there. and yes, that man does have another leg. i was just so caught-up-in-the-moment i forgot all about framing... and cut out the dog. =/

I love this shot. The expression you captured is superb. I much prefer the cropped, b&w version, although I'd like to see the contrast bumped up a bit. You could turn this into a really journalist photography piece.

I like the B&W, but it's quite flat. I'd play around with the levels and the brightness/contrast. Another idea. Did you just desaturate the image or did you try using more of the Red/Green/Blue channels?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back