Homemade HDR.

iArts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was just sitting at home,remembering sweet days of skating outside.Now all the outside rinks are closed :(
Anyways,here's the picture.Please leave your thought.

4537536324_097ec3939a_b.jpg

HDR made from 3 RAW shots. EV -2,0,+2 .Shot with Nikon D5000 + Kit 18-55mm lens. Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.Texture overlay made in Photoshop.

I like the concept of the shot very much.
I'm not a fan of the wall / wood panels in the back. I find the texture, lines and such in the panels to be interesting on their own and drawing my eye from the skate. If you have a locker room or something with the same feel, that might work.

Maybe playing with the lighting in the room as well to give a more spotlight effect on the skate and minimizing the impact of the wood panels?

And I ask... why an HDR? Can you post up the mid exposed of your 3 shots?

I like the concept of the shot very much.
I'm not a fan of the wall / wood panels in the back. I find the texture, lines and such in the panels to be interesting on their own and drawing my eye from the skate. If you have a locker room or something with the same feel, that might work.

Maybe playing with the lighting in the room as well to give a more spotlight effect on the skate and minimizing the impact of the wood panels?

And I ask... why an HDR? Can you post up the mid exposed of your 3 shots?

+1

Here's the original shot.As you can see,it's not even cropped (you can see a tiny bit of a second skate on the right)
dsc0462qq.jpg

No postprocessing done here whatsoever.Just a plain shot as is from my camera.

There are so many people who dont realize the power of HDR. A simple shot like this and how its made into a 3D photo as compared to your original middle shot. Again, well done.

Very well done. The best HDR's are the one you can't tell that indeed HDR's software was applied to the pic, ie, no "cartoonish" outrageous tweaks.

The HDR definately helps the image, nice job.

Still not a fan of the wood paneling, but thats an artistic choice :)

Most reactions

Back