Photos OK to edit
i made my own light box. it looks like this:
Picture205.jpg

these are pictures i took in it that i really like:
Picture214.jpg

fishh.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

ciggy.jpg

i think my favorite picture of mine to date^^^ edit* for all you bright eyes fans out there, my thoughts always go back to the line off of "im wide awake its morning" ....."but the idea, just lives on"

ive had the idea for that one for quite sometime now. actually like 2 years. finally did it, i have the orginals, if anyone wants to take a stab at it. but im pretty pleased with my PP. and i meant to have the focus on the 'marlboro' imprint.

also played around with some light drawings :D i used x-mas lights
Picture206.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture209.jpg

thanks for looking and tell me what you think :hugs:

Looks a bit dark, but that could be the monitor im currently on. Other than that, what are you using to light it?

Oh I love #4!! How did i not see that the first time through?

My light box looks a lot like yours. haha :lol: a cutout old box! Currently in storage though. I use it for doing reptile product photography. :confused: ( love it )

001_2992-1.jpg

what are you using for diffusion? It looks like you might need stronger lights or thinner paper.

1 is cool, but could stand to have some of the specks edited out to make the shot look like the water is cleaner and that you aren't shooting through glass.

The light diffusion and WB seem weird to me in 2.

4 is a pretty nice shot. Hands down best shot in this thread. I really like it.

The first and last lightwritings are kind of cool looking. I remember when I first did lightwrighting I thought it would be so easy and quickly got frustrated when it wasn't.

for all you bright eyes fans out there, my thoughts always go back to the line off of "im wide awake its morning" ....."but the idea, just lives on"

Definately one of the top 3 albums ever, but that's for another convo.

thanks for the critique everyone. #5 i took trying to draw a potleaf. came out pretty embaressing. hahaha. so i cropped it and i thought it looked kinda cool. and i agree with you plentygood, one of the best albums, and light drawings are incredibly hard. kudos to people who mkae them look really cool. not to mention the time it took to tape of a majority of the lights. haha

I love the picture and the Bright Eyes reference!

i am not a big fan of these.
the light box is a really cool idea, and i think i will try that

i do like the cigarette though, looks very rustic and antiquish.

keep working with that though, you can probably figure out how to shoot much better with it

I love the light writing. How did you do that? Something for me to play with. :)

I love the light writing. How did you do that? Something for me to play with. :)

i took x-mas lights. and taped off the ones i didnt use. well i put the bulk of them under a blanket but the ones that were sticking out i taped off. then you stand facing your camera, put on a long shutter speed, then start drawing! its really fun, but also flustering because its a lot harder than youd think. always comes out with interesting results tho,

heres a new one i did that i thought looked pretty cool. lots of people think light trails are amateur, but i think they rule so i dont care.

i mean honestly, i think these pictures look amazing no matter what

l_b99f78f320714e913532a8e85b1e192d.jpg

me and my friend just kinda started going nuts. its really because my best friend is just as weird and loves photography just as much as me. im thankful to have a partner because it makes me feel less like a freak hahaha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back