Homemade Toy Lens

BKSPicture

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkspicture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been playing around with my Homemade Toy lenses for some time.
I have taken lenses elements and things I have found in other products and then glued them in a lenshousing.

Someone else have similar project that have done?

I love the shot of the dog. Really cool.

Yes! Home made lenses open up possibilities not available from the camera store. Here is one of mine:
5284669498_67ac8e5a68_b.jpg

Casuarina Grove, Soft Focus

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB photographic paper, image area 19.6cm X 24.7cm, exposed in contact with a Fomapan 200 8x10 negative from a Tachihara 810HD large format field view camera equipped with a 400mm f11 single meniscus plastic lens set into a Copal #3 shutter.

Yes! Home made lenses open up possibilities not available from the camera store. Here is one of mine:
5284669498_67ac8e5a68_b.jpg

Casuarina Grove, Soft Focus

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB photographic paper, image area 19.6cm X 24.7cm, exposed in contact with a Fomapan 200 8x10 negative from a Tachihara 810HD large format field view camera equipped with a 400mm f11 single meniscus plastic lens set into a Copal #3 shutter.

That looks great!
And on large format is also always awesome.
Negaives can't get to big :)

How did you make your own toy lenses? I'd love to try it

These are so beautiful. I appreciate your ingenuity (and yours too, maris!) I love the look, but have never taken the time to do anything like this. I don't venture much past Holga or a couple of my antique cameras that still shoot. Even they don't look as cool as these. :thumbup:

Well done!

Most reactions

Back