Hon

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

Below are some photos from yestreday's portfolio session.. Any C&C is much appriciated.

I posted the headshots in another thread if you are interested.

Thank you.

_MG_9121-Edit_zpseb9c2d2b.jpg

_MG_9092-Edit_zps311557d7.jpg

_MG_9061-Edit_zps3164633a.jpg

_MG_9178-Edit_zpsfdb7f6f6.jpg

Like the last one best. I would pull back on the back light, pump up the front a half stop or so, I would either raise and bring it further above her, or as a third light in the same higher front position.

It would give more light to her face and add more depth to her character.

I would have played with the first pose more, had her repeat different cutesy leg up shots and perhaps some horizontals pulled back farther.

These are all good, just recommendations.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love #4; on my monitor, the lighting looks great, but YMMV. #3 would be great too BUT the left arm seems very forced and awkward and the cropped fingers are a killer.

Love #4; on my monitor, the lighting looks great, but YMMV. #3 would be great too BUT the left arm seems very forced and awkward and the cropped fingers are a killer.

What is YMMV?

Like the last one best. I would pull back on the back light, pump up the front a half stop or so, I would either raise and bring it further above her, or as a third light in the same higher front position.

It would give more light to her face and add more depth to her character.

I would have played with the first pose more, had her repeat different cutesy leg up shots and perhaps some horizontals pulled back farther.

These are all good, just recommendations.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your comments :) It will be in consideration..

What is YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary. It's an American phrase meaning basically that different people may find the statement more or less useful...

and it's a John staple comment.

#3 is the best lighting, except somehow she ended up looking fat. maybe because the hand creates / continues the line from her waist? dunno.

#4 is good, the light is good... really good... almost there good. I think maybe the (left accent light) is too hot and falls off too fast. It could have been closer (less directional) and maybe one stop lower.

I bet you could fix the highlights with layer masks in photoshop and it would be great.

Last edited:

What is YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary. It's an American phrase meaning basically that different people may find the statement more or less useful...

and it's a John staple comment.

Thank you for the clarification, now I learned a new phrase :)

#3 is the best lighting, except somehow she ended up looking fat. maybe because the hand creates / continues the line from her waist? dunno.

#4 is good, the light is good... really good... almost there good. I think maybe the (left accent light) is too hot and falls off too fast. It could have been closer (less directional) and maybe one stop lower.

I bet you could fix the highlights with layer masks in photoshop and it would be great.

Thank you for your comment and detailed input, really appriciate that :) I will consider those notes in my next shot for sure.. Thanks again for your time :)

I like 3 and 4 the best #4 is a little hot but fixable #3 I like everything but her arm position.... does not look feminine Beautiful girl ..Shoot her again

I like 3 and 4 the best #4 is a little hot but fixable #3 I like everything but her arm position.... does not look feminine Beautiful girl ..Shoot her again

Thank you for notes and comment.. I will try ti take care of that in my next shoot and I hope we will work together agian :)

Empire waist dresses are a crime to humanity and an affront to man.

That aside, lovely shots and 4 is REALLY awesome. I can't add more than what others have said so I'm just agreeing. :)

Empire waist dresses are a crime to humanity and an affront to man.

That aside, lovely shots and 4 is REALLY awesome. I can't add more than what others have said so I'm just agreeing. :)

Thank you for the comment, but why all that hate to the dress (you mean in 1 and 2?)?

Well I was mostly being silly. I just don't think that style of dress is complimentary to women. Just a personal thing, and nothing at all to do with your pictures.

Well I was mostly being silly. I just don't think that style of dress is complimentary to women. Just a personal thing, and nothing at all to do with your pictures.

No worries :) I appriciate your honestly towards that dress lol..

Most reactions

Back