Soto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsotophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello guys...

Here is a photo from the shooting I was doing in Salinas, PR for am Auto Magazine... This is a Turbo Honda CRX. To get this shot I got in the passanger seat while my assitant was driving at more than 60MPH in the highway. I opened the door and got really close to the paviment to get this angle... some times you have to get close to danger.... jajajajaja

honda2.jpg

Last edited:
i would never do that wat if he hit a pothole and u dropped ur cam O_O

i have always wanted to try that but no one wants to drive me

thats wild i don't think I would try that but it produced a good shot

i have always wanted to try that but no one wants to drive me
Would be the opposite for me. If someone wanted to do this, they wouldn't want me driving them ;)

Beautiful work Soto! Is there nothing that you can not shoot? I get as strong sense of speed from this shot. The blurr is perfect.

And yeah. Getting close to the danger is a small price to pay for such a good shot.

Love & Bass

Beautiful work Soto! Is there nothing that you can not shoot? I get as strong sense of speed from this shot. The blurr is perfect.

And yeah. Getting close to the danger is a small price to pay for such a good shot.

Love & Bass

Thank you very much!

I appreciate your words...

I forgot to say that I shot that picture in 1/30.... very slow in hand

Very nice shot. Wow, it can be hard enough getting people not to blur out at 1/30. That lens must have some pretty sweet image stabilization. Your photo is pretty darn sharp. Grats man.

I'm 98% sure that he is just kidding with you guys. He most likely used a rod hooked on the end of the car and then mounted the camera on that, and had people push the car very slowly. With such a long exposure a blur would not be hard to achieve. Also, don't forget the fact that's how most car magazines do shots like this. ;)

A helpful hint, use a larger aperture, since you are going for such a long exposure it would make the car look a lot sharper. The DOF on this one is slim, and most of the car looks out of focus.

Still not a bad shot though, congrats on the magazine shoot!

Very nice shot. Wow, it can be hard enough getting people not to blur out at 1/30. That lens must have some pretty sweet image stabilization. Your photo is pretty darn sharp. Grats man.

Thank you very much... Well it was all in my hand.. I used the Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 lens and it doesn't have VR. The street didn't have bumps so that helps a lot to mantain the camera steady..

I'm 98% sure that he is just kidding with you guys. He most likely used a rod hooked on the end of the car and then mounted the camera on that, and had people push the car very slowly. With such a long exposure a blur would not be hard to achieve. Also, don't forget the fact that's how most car magazines do shots like this. ;)

A helpful hint, use a larger aperture, since you are going for such a long exposure it would make the car look a lot sharper. The DOF on this one is slim, and most of the car looks out of focus.

Still not a bad shot though, congrats on the magazine shoot!

No at all... I don't have this equipment since is my first experience taking this kind of shots. This shot was taken in a very simple way... just cruising in the highway at 65mph and opening the passanger door. I was holding the seat belt with one hand and the camera with the other one. That was all...

Next time I will take you advise to see how it goes.... thanks!

Most reactions

Back