Honeysuckle

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last year this bush struggled and we didn't get many flowers on it for long, this year it is doing much better!

It is such a busy flower, I tried to simplify things and these are the two shots I came up with.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Really beautiful photos.

Now kill it quick before it's too late! You did say it's a bush and not a vine, right? It's an Asian invasive species. It's allelopathic and is right now releasing chemicals that harm your other plants. Once it adapts to your climate (it will) you will be sorry.

Love the photos.

Joe

P.S. If it's a vine then it can be native or common Japanese honeysuckle which is not evil.

Love these. Great DoF and color. I wish I could pick one out that I like better but I can't. Both of these have their appeal. Nice work!

Thanks Mish and Joe :)

Yikes, I'll have to do some research Joe, this small bush was here when we moved in, it is in a bed with mostly poppies in it's immediate area and some roses and lillies at the other end, all have bloomed both years we have been here, they had a hummingbird feeder in the bush so I have to assume they put it there!

I like them both but had no trouble at all picking #2.

Thanks Mish and Joe :)

Yikes, I'll have to do some research Joe, this small bush was here when we moved in, it is in a bed with mostly poppies in it's immediate area and some roses and lillies at the other end, all have bloomed both years we have been here, they had a hummingbird feeder in the bush so I have to assume they put it there!

Can't really ID them from the flowers, but honeysuckle either grows as a bush or a vine. The plant typically called bush honeysuckle is just evil. If that's what you do have it may be you're on the northern reaches of it's range and it's subdued, but it's remarkably adaptable. Down here it's the scourge of the earth. Check out this link: When Green Is No Good | Missouri Department of Conservation

Joe

They are nice, well done, tough pick but I think no2 takes my vote

I'm going to break the trend here and say, for me, the DoF is too shallow.

Fantastic shots!!! Really nice!

Thanks for your thoughts everyone :)

Joe, I went and took a closer look and while it looks like a small bush I think it is a vine with nowhere to go so it just keeps putting up short vines, I'm going to give it a good pruning when I do the grapevines this year and see if it flourishes!!

Great info though, we had a bush at my childhood home in the city (definitely a bush) but Dad took some forestry courses and everything stayed in its place and didn't take over, he had a variety of trees and bushes he gathered and planted (undoubtedly from the side of the roads lol) birch, lilac, Tamarac, honeysuckle, mountain ash and a maple.

I very much like how the little flower parts are isolated and floating. It's a bit of a different take on this sort of thing. Looks like a little flock of alien creatures floating/flying around.

You saw the sunflower give you the finger. I'm seeing (in #1) the flowers giving us the tongue(s). Is it the Rolling Stones honeysuckle variety? Beautiful images, both.

Thanks Andrew and Paul :)

Ha Paul! Very Rolling stones ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back