jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my granddaughter to Cedar Ridge Preserve in Irving, ostensibly to see the bluebonnets, but were sorely disappointed by what we found. There were way too many people, but then again, it was a gorgeous Sunday morning. Cedar Ridge is preserve maintained by the Audubon Society, but sadly, no birds. Managed to come across this coral honeysuckle on one of the trails. Will post some additional photos as time permits.
CoralHoneysuckle01 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

That's a nice close-up, Jeff. Nice processing as well.
Thanks! I made my changes in raw and then converted to jpg once I was done. Converted the CR2 to tif with no compression, and tried to upload it to Flickr, and Flickr said, "Are you nuts? Look how big that thing is!" :D So, loaded the jpg.

i would have rather had the stamens and pistils in focus than the back end of the petals, but that would have required a different comp.

beautiful flowers.

i would have rather had the stamens and pistils in focus than the back end of the petals, but that would have required a different comp.

beautiful flowers.
Ideally, I would have liked the whole thing in focus. :) It is a very pretty flower, though. I think if I had lugged my tripod around, I could have done a better job at focusing the whole thing. Thanks!

beautiful flowers.
Ideally, I would have liked the whole thing in focus. :) It is a very pretty flower, though. I think if I had lugged my tripod around, I could have done a better job at focusing the whole thing. Thanks!

nah, i like a shallow dof on flowers. when it's all in focus it just looks like a shot from a cell phone or old p&s camera with a small sensor.

Most reactions

Back