Honneur of Thought

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
All suggestions/chat/thoughts appreciated...

LOH_image002.jpg

Camera Model - Canon EOS 20D
Shooting Date/Time - 1/22/2005 4:46:42 PM
Shooting Mode - Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) - 1/40
Av( Aperture Value ) - 22.0
ISO Speed - 100
Focal Length - 28.0 mm

Thanks for posting your camera settings. I like how the statue really brings out the DOF and gives distance to the building. :thumbup:

I agree with Jess that more detail would be better. The statue also seems really close to the right side...if you moved it over like an inch further it would feel as much like it's going out of the pic and still wouldn't be centered either. I like the angle, but the colors are really dull in this one. Doesn't really do much for me...

Chemist - thanks!

Jess - I agree with you. I played around with this picture after reading your comment, but nothing can be done to help this shot. I have another similar shot that is portriat style, but not sure enough details are available in that one either. Maybe I will need to go back?

hmm I don't know what to think about this one :) on the one hand it is quite cool, on the other - a bit annoying :) never mind :)

I'm going to be controversial and disagree with everyone. Up the contrast to create a completely black silhouette and crop off the black at the bottom.

It's just an opinion!

R
p.s. Love the sky

Hey robhesketh, I appreciate you going against the grain...:)

Actually, I tried darkening and completly silouetting the statue, but it becomes hard to tell that the statue is the "thinker" and kind of loses some of the "point"

I think, if I make a trip back, I will try to reshoot (hope for good sky) and see if I can get a little more detail out of the statue. for now, I am actually satisfied with the shot. The sky is GREAT, and it is apparent that you can tell what the statue is of. I actually played with this picture a bunch last night in PS, but wasn't getting anywhere that made me happy AND it ended up being TOO much PS work (which I try to avoid).

I actually have a potriat shot that is very similar...maybe i will play around with it and see how it comes out.

Thanks for all the comments!

robhesketh said:
I'm going to be controversial and disagree with everyone. Up the contrast to create a completely black silhouette and crop off the black at the bottom.

It's just an opinion!

R
p.s. Love the sky

I would agree with that if the angle were from further left. You are going to make the statue a little too ambigous, it's not set up for a very good silhouette at this angle. I think it'll come away sort of lumpy.

Edit: oops, I hadn't read themonko's reply yet, I guess he already figured that out :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back