Hope this is the right place to post this.

sadbride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got married 3 years ago. Weddings are expensive and I made a huge mistake hiring a crappy photographer to save money. I have horrible photos. Most of them have these awful shadows on people's faces. Is this fixable? It's 3.5 years later and I'm up at 5 am bummed about it and don't even have an album. Is this fixable?

Attachments

• IMG_5252.JPG
    IMG_5252.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 229
I'd say it is fixable, but depends on whether you're willing to pay someone to do it. A lot will depend on the resolution and bit depth of the images you have, and copyright issues may prevent you from legally doing anything.

Wow- now that's a mournful user-name.

Yes it is fixable.
Select an area of high contrast (like on the brides face) and match the bright bit with the rest of the face. Could be done with careful use of the clone tool as well.

Will take a bit of time and cost will depend on how many pics you want done.

BTW I have seen much worse wedding pics than that.

While a good Photoshop guru can do a lot with these images, it's important to remember that even though you paid for the photographer to take them, you very likely don't actually own them, and editing them would in fact be a copyright violation. Have you approached the photographer to discuss this at all?

Is this fixable? It's 3.5 years later and I'm up at 5 am bummed about it and don't even have an album. Is this fixable?
A very good PhotoShop wizard can do wonders with it (them), but as has already been mentioned; you will need to get two things from the original photographer:

1. His express written permission covering all shots that you wish to fix.

2. His best, largest, Raw files for each of the shots.

You might have to pay something additional to get what you need.

Then, start searching for a PS retoucher and thoroughly check out his work, and negotiate a price. I have seen some retouchers advertising some very low prices, but you will have to decide if they are up to your standards.

If the cost seems way too high, maybe you can afford to get just one or two shots done.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back