Hornbills. Hornbills everywhere

ryanwaff

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a couple of photos from a recent trip into Botswana and Zim.

Please C&C
1:
$_CSC3377.jpg

2:
$_DSC3242.jpg

3:
$_DSC3336.jpg

4:
$_DSC3419.jpg

All four images were taken using the Nikon D90 and 55-200mm VR lens.

Fantastic set, in particular #2. Great sharpness and colour. My only critique would be that the beak of bird #1 (and the snack it's about to have) are not in focus.

I've seen lesser photos published in well-respected magazines. You took them using a lens not known for being a "birder's lens" so hats off to you.

Fantastic set, in particular #2. Great sharpness and colour. My only critique would be that the beak of bird #1 (and the snack it's about to have) are not in focus.

I've seen lesser photos published in well-respected magazines. You took them using a lens not known for being a "birder's lens" so hats off to you.

Yes, I see what you mean about the blurry focus. Just a lack of aperture - considering I shot at f/5 I can understand why haha :) Looking at all of them again, number 3 seems to suffer from the same problem..

And thank you every one much appreciated :) Invisible, Im actually very surprised at how good that 55-200mm kit lens is. At first I was a bit skeptical. But after using it for almost a year now, I absolutely love it! Its actually a very good lens when used correctly.

Love me some hornbills, aside from toucans they're my favorite bird to look at.

Really like the last one!

Thanks! I do too, that is my favourite of the four :)

Love me some hornbills, aside from toucans they're my favorite bird to look at.

I cant say that I've ever seen a toucan in real life before... So hornbills win for me :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back