Horny

That's a great expression you captured. It looks so utterly tired of it all! Poor rhino.

Did you sharpen or something in PP? There's some odd line following the outline of the rhino's snout and lower jaw that's pretty noticeable.

Jaime, thanks. And yes i noticed that outline as well . I went back to the raw unedited file and it was there as well ?

I was hoping someone here would enlighten me as to why that is happening.

Nice image and conversion. I like the detail you have captured in its skin/hide(?). When I first saw this I thought the outline was a sharpening halo - I get those every once in a while when I oversharpen an image, but you noted that it was in the original raw file, so I am not sure what it would be. What ISO did you shoot this at? If it was very high, maybe that is the culprit - don't know - just asking.

Westernguy , My ISO was 200 on my D700 , Like i said i did notice on raw file , I just played with the sharpening sliders and it does exacerbate quite a bit so it seems i may have been a little heavy handed . lol . Thanks again .

Westernguy , My ISO was 200 on my D700 , Like i said i did notice on raw file , I just played with the sharpening sliders and it does exacerbate quite a bit so it seems i may have been a little heavy handed . lol . Thanks again .
Well ISO isn't the problem and if you were a little heavy with the sharpening - that will give you the halos that seem to be in the image and conversion often magnifies them.

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye on that in the future.

I like the title and the composition. The expression says well "Horny" to me....lol. Like Western wrote, it looks a little over sharpened but, you can easily correct.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back