HORRIBLE MUSEUM EXPERIENCE!

On a lighter side, try the Cincinnati Art Museum. Except for the non-permanent exhibits where photography isn't allowed (even in the jewelry section which I thought was weird 'cause I figured it was due to flashes people use), I was only glared at once by a security guard when shooting.

[/quote]That's great and all, but what if I'm not someone who is good at making friendly jokes? (I'm not)

This puts me at an unfair disadvantage because of my personality. I'm more likely to explain myself using reason and logic.[/QUOTE]

Go to charm school.

lets face it, security guards are mostly simpletons. They have a few basic prime directives programmed into them when they get the job. Theirs' is not to question or philosophise the directives, just to enforce them, so it's pointless to try and use logic and reason with them. You confused this particular guard by triggering the 'Photography=bad' directive.

As the 'Photography=bad' directive is ambiguous by it's very nature, the security guard was left with no choice but to follow/harass you until you violated a more definitive rule that he could easily comprehend. In this case it came in the form a sign with someone else's brain words on "No photographs in this area". No need to use reason, logic or common sense, it's all been done for him, all he had to do was move his finger and point towards the sign. Job done! You lose evil camera man!... Our children can sleep safely tonight knowing that a man in Cincinnati didn't get a photograph of some ancient broken vase in a museum. And it's all down to a sign... a sign and a mans finger. Thank god for security guards. Another unhappy customer.

I particularly enjoyed the "large guard with a little tie" comment.
Reminded me of "Fat guy in little coat".
Priceless....

In all fairness to the guards, since there were no other visitors, had you not been there with your weapon of mass destruction, they would've been in the lounge consuming mass quantities and guessing what the other had for breakfast based on the smell of their flatulence.
You made them have to work that day.
And worse, they had to follow you around.
they'll be talking about you for weeks.

You should go back.
But wear a fat suit with the tiniest tie you can find, but this time bring only a point and shoot and put a few Hostess or Little Debbie snacks popping out of your bag and leave it at the desk.
You won't see a single guard even if you stay all day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back