Horse Yawn

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I am not sure if he is yawning or what. In any case this is my fave from this weekends adventure. The massive background slope is a concern. It is so far off that I can not correct with out going super tight. Generally the shot may be a little unconventional, but that is what I like about it. Some how I think it will be important to the series, but I am not sure. Let me know what you think. A tad over saturated on this version. The skin tones have been a little tricky.

Nikon D1 1/250 A ƒ8. Focal length=35mm. Cloudy+2 white balance.

horseyawn0gp.jpg

Thanks! Pulling focus has been tough on these guys. Basically they are too close. My printer is currently out of ink, so sharpening is out of question 'till I see the print.

hahahahaha. i laughed when i saw this shot. great expression there. it seems to fun a photo to really critique it heavily like i would others.

thebeginning said:
...it seems to fun a photo to really critique it heavily like i would others.

Very well said: this is exactly what I feel, too.

The movement blur or softness does show in his eyes, and the background does show, too, but I see why you cannot correct it - and leave it as it is! It is not important. The Laughing Horse is what counts here ... or did you call it "Yawning Horse"? Whatever. The moment makes the photo! :D

The "over-saturation", by the way, is of absolutely NO concern to me. I don't see it.

His expression is priceless! :lol:

I'd love to see both ears fully, however. With horses, ears are so important.

And....somehow, he looks completely superimposed over the background....like he was cut & pasted in. It looks *off* to me, somehow. Maybe because the background is a bit blown? :scratch: I'm not sure, but the image is left looking unreal.

Which is not to say it's not effective.....almost as if the background was the intended image, a peaceful pastoral scene - when the rude one here poked his head in at the last minute and ruined it! :lol:

I've no idea if that makes any sense or not. ;)

Most reactions

Back