Hostage/Robbery

Krestan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was uhh watching a robbery in progress awhile ago and yes I had my cam shooting at the robbers across the street. I have a kit lens canon rebel xti so they wern't the best shots every. Anyway back to the point, I have some pics of the robber they caught of his face and stuff but not the other guy. There isn't really any point to the story I just wanted to post this and I'll have the pics up if you guys want them.

I would think that would be something better suited to give to the local police rather than posting on the forum.

That is a good thing. I still don't know if there is any legal issues you would be breaking if you were to post images of someone getting robbed or robbing someone. The last thing I would want is someone here getting in trouble with the law from images they post. ;)

A 27-year-old man is facing several charges after a theft at a Costco store in west Erin Mills turned violent last Friday.

Peel Regional Police say the incident unfolded after a man tried to leave the Ridgeway Dr. store without paying for music CDs, DVDs and an LCD projector.
Police say the man, who was armed with a knife, threatened a store security officer before fleeing. Store security phoned 9-1-1.
After police arrived, the man made his way to a nearby residential street, where he jumped into a vehicle that was occupied by a 22-year-old woman. She was released before the man tried to drive away. Officers blocked the vehicle and took a man into custody.
The security officer and the woman were not injured.
A second suspect is being sought. He's described as male, black, five-foot-11, 180 pounds, with a short black afro. He was wearing a black parka.
Charged with two counts of robbery, forcible confinement and flight from police is Terry Hedgeman, of no fixed address. His next court date is set for Jan. 15. Further investigation by Peel's Central Robbery Bureau has resulted in five additional charges of robbery against Hedgeman, in relation to other robberies in Peel.

I would still hand them over. It could serve as evidence.

Unless you got photos of the crime in progress before the police got there they will not use them. More so after this long of a time, the chain of custody has already be corrupted.

As far as posting them I've seen photos in the newspaper shooting inside stores and what not, I've also seen video of that on tv too. So I'm not really sure what the right answer to that is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back