Hostage situation...

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Waupun, Wisconsin

At 6:30 am today, a prisoner, working in the Waupun Correctional Institute's dental office, took a staff member hostage. At 11:30 today, the prison held a press conference for all the media that showed up. Because the event was so well covered by the media, I knew I wasn't going to be able to freelance any of my stuff for money, so I chose to document the documentation of the event.

hostage1.jpg

2. Prison in the background...
hostage3.jpg

3. Corrections officer giving press confrence with prison in background.
hostage6.jpg

hostage7.jpg

hostage10.jpg

hostage12.jpg

7. My favorite...
hostage16.jpg

hostage17.jpg

9. Onlooker taking a picture with a phone...
hostage18.jpg

10. 3 choppers in the air.
hostage19.jpg

11. Last look at news trucks.
hostage20.jpg

Doug Raflik

The one that you call "My favourite" ... before I ever got to reading your WORDS I thought by myself, hey, this one is easiest the best of the bunch ... the best out of a bunch of ONLY GOOD photos, mind you! All of them are downright GOOD (maybe the one I like least is with the mostly hidden correction officers giving their press statements), but the one that also is your favourite is easily my favourite, too. :D

Thanks LaFoto. I agree with you on the worst one, but its the only one that showcases the prison up close, which is why I included it. This is the first prison built in Wisconsin. It was built in 1854. Only 6 years after Wisconsin became a state.

Great Collection of behind the scenes images. Interesting to see what it's like on the other side of the video cameras. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back