hosts

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Can anyone recommend a webhost? Mine's going tits-up so I need another. The site is never updated and hardly ever used so I don't need anything flash.

Current stats look like this;
72mb used
1 e-mail account
5 mysql databases used
1 domain used
3 subdomains created
In December I apparently had 2368 unique visits (probably a few bots there...)

lookin for a free webhost, or willing to pay?

i am with 1and1

Free is what I have now and is always good. ;)
I'm looking for something stable, cheap and has cpanel.

you currently have a free host which gives you 5 MySQL dayabase's? that's good. I'm with 1and1 myself, think i pay £50 or so a year, they are reliable but i think i only get 2 MySQL's

I know a man who is stable neat and has a spaniel . . . meet them both walking round to get the papers every morning!

you currently have a free host which gives you 5 MySQL dayabase's? that's good. I'm with 1and1 myself, think i pay £50 or so a year, they are reliable but i think i only get 2 MySQL's

My free package offers;
200mb space
2gb bandwidth p/m
15 e-mail accounts
3 subdomains
1 parked domain (this is on top of the domain I already have)
1 add-on domain
15 ftp accounts
15 mysql databases
cpanel
no adverts (because I'm an old 'customer')

Hosts who offer a very limited amount of databases etc annoy me. It's no big deal to them. They do it to encourage you to spend more on your package. I could happily run everything I do from one database anyway.

I've been with my host for over two years and they've been pretty stable but are currently not support free accounts as they offer a paid service as well.

sounds like a good deal you've got already.

i've been thinking of binning mine off because i need to make some cut backs (cash wise), but i have a web directory running on it so I can't just get rid, it wouldn't be fare to the people who have paid for links. Don't suppose you would be interested in taking it off my hands would you?

1&1 is very cheap and stable. It's all I ever used before, so I cant recommend much else.

Most reactions

Back