Hot Air Ballooning!

Wozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nzgamer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Easily one of the coolest things I have done, photo opputunities are immense as there is no glass to shoot through and you are not moving all that fast!

Took these on holiday in Port Douglas. First time I booked the bus came to the rear of the motel, whilst I was waiting outside the front of the hotel at 4am for ages... So he came by another day and upgraded my flight as I missed out the first time.

Simply cannot reccomend this enough, I want to go again.

We went up at dawn, over the rainforest. This is over behind the Kurunda for anyone that knows North Queensland.

Ok enough typing - more pics!

2645559106_6e97023ef9.jpg

Exposure:0.017 sec (1/60)Aperture:f/3.5Focal Length:70 mm

PShop - Curves

2644742367_abae6dbc7e.jpg

Exposure:0.02 sec (1/50)Aperture:f/5Focal Length:70 mmISO Speed:1600
Pshop - Curves

2645571284_12353c2052.jpg

Exposure:0.01 sec (1/100)Aperture:f/5Focal Length:70 mmISO Speed:800

Pshop - Curves

2651953246_e8b70e56a7.jpg

Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 178 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Photoshop - Curves

2651127453_943e18c456.jpg

Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Photoshop - Curves

2651127571_8431639e16.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/9
Focal Length: 104 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Photoshop - Curves

2651953822_aae0144fe0.jpg

Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Focal Length: 86 mm
Photoshop - Zip

2651953938_9bce205943.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/9
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Photoshop - Curves. New layer I drew 3 colours transparency to 2%

2676369222_3b75a0eb95.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Photoshop - Levels and added a very transparent layer to bring out the colours in the sky a tad more.

2675550305_342366b94c.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Photoshop - Levels

2676413382_09bc8dc857.jpg

Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/6.3
Photoshop - Levels

oh wow... what a cool photo opportunity indeed! unfortunately i am way to afraid of hights to ever do this :(
some cool shots! i love the ones with the sun rays through the foggy trees...

oh wow... what a cool photo opportunity indeed! unfortunately i am way to afraid of hights to ever do this :(
some cool shots! i love the ones with the sun rays through the foggy trees...

Same here, but then I thought, 'How many people can say they have done this' and 'It would be great for photo's'.

I froze for about ten seconds when we were going up but then started taking pics and put the height thing to the back of my mind. I have been crippled by this fear a few times but have been able to overcome it to do a few cool things lately.

Veeeery nice.

1 & 10 are my favorites!

Thanks for commenting. :)

I love the one with the sunstreaks through the haze/clouds. Very nice.

I wanna do it too!!!! We just had a few balloons fly over the house last night, I ran for my camera but the photos are rather boring since I was looking straight up and there wasnt a cloud in the sky.

You've got some awesome shots here!

Breathtaking, 5,6&8 are the winners for me, I love the effect with the fog in 6&8, and I love the lighting on the balloon on 5..

I would have loved to see some more sky in these though, it only makes sense to put the balloons near the sky, right? I don't think it's enough to know you were just IN the sky! The photographs with the beautiful sky in them succeed more than the ones without it, in my opinion.

Great work, I really want to go hot-air ballooning now! I dont know about waking up at 4 AM though.... This would be cool to do at a sunset.

There are some nice ones in here. The ones that catch my eye the quickest would be 3 and 7. I really like the look of those.

How many folks were in the gondola of the balloon in image #1? That baby must be a monster!

All your shots are great. Can't really pick a favourite.

We have our annual 'Balloon Fiesta' here in Albuquerque the first week of October. It's a great time.

Great shots alright, #8 is the winner for me, I'd love to shoot something like that, I'd be so proud of that shot....

Thanks! :D

Agreed, #8 is breathtaking.

All these shots are excellent; really nice colours in them all.

Cheers - Wasn't sure which of the two shots like that I preffered but seems the vote is for 8 :)

I love the one with the sunstreaks through the haze/clouds. Very nice.

Yeah when I saw that I was like 'I gotta try and get that effect on camera!'. Luckily I managed to expose it right and capture it.

These are wonderful. You can give a unique perspective shooting from the balloon instead of the ground. Congrats on the great images :)

Yeah it was a unique perspective alright. Easily one of the coolest things I have done, and thank god I love photography and was able to capture such souviniers.

I wanna do it too!!!! We just had a few balloons fly over the house last night, I ran for my camera but the photos are rather boring since I was looking straight up and there wasnt a cloud in the sky.

You've got some awesome shots here!

Do iiiiit, I can't wait to go up again somewhere.

Breathtaking, 5,6&8 are the winners for me, I love the effect with the fog in 6&8, and I love the lighting on the balloon on 5..

I would have loved to see some more sky in these though, it only makes sense to put the balloons near the sky, right? I don't think it's enough to know you were just IN the sky! The photographs with the beautiful sky in them succeed more than the ones without it, in my opinion.

Great work, I really want to go hot-air ballooning now! I dont know about waking up at 4 AM though.... This would be cool to do at a sunset.

Thanks. I guess my train of thought was to show how high these things were as I was amazed myself how high up we went. I had the shakes, almost needed an IS lens. I know what you are saying though as the sky was spectacular. I quite like #9 for that reason.

Will keep in mind when I get to go up again (elsewhere though)

There are some nice ones in here. The ones that catch my eye the quickest would be 3 and 7. I really like the look of those.

Thanks!

How many folks were in the gondola of the balloon in image #1? That baby must be a monster!

All your shots are great. Can't really pick a favourite.

We have our annual 'Balloon Fiesta' here in Albuquerque the first week of October. It's a great time.

Haha yeah, apparently the Australia Baloon is the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere. I think it fits 25? The one we were in was pretty big as well and was the companies 2nd biggest.

wow man, these are really spectactular. 5 would be my favourite, just shows some perspective of height.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back