Hot Dog

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is another photo from one of my projects. Specifically, a documentary of homelessness in Shreveport Louisiana. Let me know waht you guys think.

mandogice.jpg

I feel it lacks impact, is too busy and is not drawing all my attention to the subject.
The cars are just distracting and i don't get the feeling you are trying to portray as i can't really see any detail. I know it would be hard to take this kind of stuff as they may be homeless but they are still people nonetheless and you want to treat them as such. I would maybe have looked for another angle, possibly low down and from front on having the dog close in the foreground (shot may be ruined as you closed in though) and looking at the guys face. Give B&W a go too as this will probably add to the mood.

Keep working on this type of subject though 'cause you will end up with some great shots. You will be presented with a whole spectrum of feelings and emotions as you discover their strengths, weaknesses, pride and determination and these will transfer to photo very well.

Do a Gradient blur with Pshop to the background and you have a powerful heart-tugging story.

The gradient blur will create a DOP that excludes the contintious background. The cars are contending with the subject--get rid of struggle with ther struggle for attention with a moderate blur

I agree with the amount of detail in the subjects. If this was a candid shot, you may have afforded too much identity to the person unless you have acquired a model's release from him.

You could "spot detail" to add subtle detail to the dog and it's leash without disturbing the identity of the person.

Most reactions

Back