Hot Glass Sculpture

Not quite sure how to respond to that :D

The first picture is a single light source, a 26w CF bulb.

The last picture is a single light source, the sun on a cloudy day...

Cheers, Don

Sorry, I misread the first post. It's just the complexity of the glass then, which isn;t really something you can help. :)

Ah, but the challenge :D

I'm quite pleased with the daylight shot but this object opens up so many possibilities to get creative and should make shooting more regularly shaped glass objects easier in the future.

Cheers, Don

Greetings,

I don't think I mentioned this before, the object is 2 1/2" high, 2 1/2" wide and 1 1/4" deep....

In defense of the 28" light tent, there isn't room to get the back light far enough behind the object to eliminate highlights, perhaps the 4' tent would allow a better seperation from light/object/backdrop.... or a more focused light source than a 13" x 13" softbox, or a thicker diffuser material or raise the object higher off the bottom of the tent... :D

By the time I started it was dark so I didn't get to reshoot with daylight/gray backdrop in the tent. So not really a fair comparison to the "no light" shot with black backdrop.

Developed from raw, resized, some brightness, contrast and sharpened... no work on the back ground.

This is shot on a light table with banner paper...

Glasslighttable.jpg

And the gray backdrop with back light.

I will try this again with the object another three feet forward and play with the position of the light....

Glassgraybackdrop.jpg

I'm not done playing with the light tent yet but thanks Craig and Pete, the back light is the direction to pursue.

The "shadows" is an issue I haven't quite come to terms with yet, I'll see what the addition of foamcore reflectors does to that and the effect it has on the "internal fire" of the glass.

Cheers, Don

I sent my last image to a friend (Grant Kernan of AK Photo's) and he took the liberty of some airbrushing :D

Kernanairbrush.jpg

At this point in time I'm leaning towards the stronger shadows of the previous image but this back ground is much better...

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back