Hot Pink Laundromat!

Love the detail, and her makeup looks great. I also think you did a good job with using harsh light, although I feel like more dramatic shadows would have lended to a better shot. Positioning yourself so the light source is coming from a direction that is less from behind the camera and more to the side would achieve better light and shadow. My other nitpick with these shots is the editing. The tones are really beautiful and I feel they really compliment the shot, but I feel like the dark tones are so flat in tone that they've lost a lot of detail, especially in the hair. Hair of all things should be shown in great detail considering the amount of time that goes into making it looks good. Perhaps its an issue with exposure and you've clipped the shadows, but either way I think the loss of detail in her hair takes away from these shots.

Love the detail, and her makeup looks great. I also think you did a good job with using harsh light, although I feel like more dramatic shadows would have lended to a better shot. Positioning yourself so the light source is coming from a direction that is less from behind the camera and more to the side would achieve better light and shadow. My other nitpick with these shots is the editing. The tones are really beautiful and I feel they really compliment the shot, but I feel like the dark tones are so flat in tone that they've lost a lot of detail, especially in the hair. Hair of all things should be shown in great detail considering the amount of time that goes into making it looks good. Perhaps its an issue with exposure and you've clipped the shadows, but either way I think the loss of detail in her hair takes away from these shots.

Thanks for the tips. This was my first shoot ever using any sort of light source, besides natural light. :) I appreciate the advice very much.

My only gripe with these are her hands, or lack there of. Her wrist looks especially strange in the second.

That being said, I'm totally jealous of your background - I can't wait to see more!

Good points above; this looks like a great venue! I could see having a lot of fun there. I wonder what it would cost to rent for a couple of hours so you could actually set up and do a proper shoot?

Wow, what an awesome place!! I have a few friends stationed in Japan and they always have the coolest pictures to share!!! Jealous.

Japan is one place I would love to visit but will likely never get the chance. I think these are pretty good. Agree with the other comments about bringing out the hair.

I really wish that these had a more shallow depth of field. It would have brought more emphasis to the model.

Pretty cool how the letters on the front window cast readable shadows on the machines in side--I love that part!!!

$1003713_527274143988117_365829327_n.jpg

One more; this one stolen from my FB, so if compressed terribly, my apologies. :)
I brought the hair up in this one, also, thanks to previous comments.

im station in oki too... never seen a pink laundry matt here

what base are you stationed out of?

Most reactions

Back