Hot Shoe Question

hanyo66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hanyo66.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ8, and it doesn't have a shoe mount (hot or cold). I have one question.

Is it possible to build/make/buy a hot shoe?

I really want to use flashes on cam, but I don't have a hot shoe and I was wondering if there was any way to make one.

I've searched the internet all night with no avail.

HELP!

You'll have to buy a flash bracket unless you want to epoxy a cold shoe to the body.

According to the Panasonic website, and a few other sites I found, external flash is not an option. Period.

That's what I thought, but I was checking anyway.

It's not impossible, only I guess hot shoe is impossible.

My digital slave flash works.

I would recommend the slide-film trick in order to prevent your on-board flash from flattening your shots. Secure a piece of unexposed but developed slide film (should be opaque) over your on-board flash. The slide film will allow IR to pass but hardly any visible light. This way, you can trigger only the external slave.

Ok, sounds good.

Do you recommend taping it, and will I be able to close my on board flash with the slide film on it?

Depends on how often you use the external. If you're using it all the time, it may be easiest just to leave the on-board up with the film taped on there all the time. Otherwise you could tape it on as necessary (though that's a little bit of a pain).

Most reactions

Back