Hotel Rooms - ( lighting issues )

So Buckster and Mleek,

Bearing in mind I only had the room lights, a Halogen and
my entry level 450D with basic on camera flash.

What would you have done to produce better results?
I ask this in all seriousness.

Simon

1) Shoot without halogen work light using a tripod
2)Go for more of the posed "nude study" type poses...this rules out "quickie, candid, spontaneous" types of shots...
3)Many hotel rooms have "sheers", plus curtains, plus the black-out curtains. Light coming in through a LARGE WINDOW, covered with a sheer, is going to have the effect of a North Light...so, next time, book a room that HAS A BIG WINDOW and sheers!!!!

As a way to salvage these, I would say, convert them to B&W. For the future, I think some large-ish white fabric reflector panels (square or rectangular, not round ones) would be a great thing to have, along with about a 300 watt-second monolight flash and a 24x24 or slightly larger softbox for it.

So Buckster and Mleek,

Bearing in mind I only had the room lights, a Halogen and
my entry level 450D with basic on camera flash.

What would you have done to produce better results?
I ask this in all seriousness.

Simon

1) Shoot without halogen work light using a tripod
2)Go for more of the posed "nude study" type poses...this rules out "quickie, candid, spontaneous" types of shots...
3)Many hotel rooms have "sheers", plus curtains, plus the black-out curtains. Light coming in through a LARGE WINDOW, covered with a sheer, is going to have the effect of a North Light...so, next time, book a room that HAS A BIG WINDOW and sheers!!!!

As a way to salvage these, I would say, convert them to B&W. For the future, I think some large-ish white fabric reflector panels (square or rectangular, not round ones) would be a great thing to have, along with about a 300 watt-second monolight flash and a 24x24 or slightly larger softbox for it.

Wow! Is Simon a friend of yours? Or are you just out of your mind tonight? I can't believe this post. Maybe I'm too weird right now to get whatever is going on...

Bolded what I thought was the most amazing part of your post. Have you been smoking some funny weed or snorting some snow, maybe... :lol:

OMG, think I'm gonna go make a triple... :)

Most reactions

Back