Hotter than..........

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So there is a part of the desert in Qatar that is mostly limestone (no sand) that I know. This area gets heat soaked in the summer so the air temp never drops below 40 degrees and during the day it gets really very hot.

Me and a friend decide that we would buy a thermometer and go to this part of the desert to see if we can get a pic of a thermometer showing over 50 degrees.

The following shot was taken after leaving the thermometer outside of the car for 10 minutes and has not been photoshopped or put in an oven, it is really that hot.

$Dscf3101.jpg

I was born in Scotland so it makes me feel like my skin is melting.

Mad dogs and Scotsmen then. There are places on this earth where humans just don't belong.

ya growing up in northern california would get 110 and i hated that. dont want to feel 120.

I'm Canadian. I went skiing in -60C weather last winter.

Looking at this...I can't even process it. I feel like jumping in the lake the second the temperature breaks 30.

If you got a crush, don't be an octopus

Last time i went to Iraq in the summer of July it was 55 Celsius or 131 Fahrenheit. The thing about heat in the middle east you have to consider is that the humidity is generally much lower there compared to say in the northern European countries. If it gets hot here, you feel like you are walking through a very hot swamp, it is that much worse.

Last time i went to Iraq in the summer of July it was 55 Celsius or 131 Fahrenheit. The thing about heat in the middle east you have to consider is that the humidity is generally much lower there compared to say in the northern European countries. If it gets hot here, you feel like you are walking through a very hot swamp, it is that much worse.

Come for a visit to Qatar in August when the humidity gets to around 60%. European countries dont use air conditioning as much as the Middle East and I am worried about how I will have to adapt to sleeping without it at some point.

Come for a visit to Qatar in August when the humidity gets to around 60%. European countries dont use air conditioning as much as the Middle East and I am worried about how I will have to adapt to sleeping without it at some point.

Buy a mosquito net and sleep on the roof of your house outside and you'll be ok. That is how we stayed cool during the night.

It's in the sun.. 50C in the sun is nothing tho, in Norway last week we had 40C in the shadow. Just sayin.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back